I am a Stop Motion Animator and Model Maker currently working for my own business, 'Home In Miniature', creating and selling model houses. I also make puppets and sets for animation, make stop motion music videos and paint in oils for commissions. 'Home In Miniature' was featured in 'Country Life', 'The Times', and 'Chichester Observer'.
I have worked on an animated music video for Hannah Rose Platt and the punk band 'Drones'. Previously, I worked on 'Strike' as a model, set and puppet maker and compositor. I also created an online advertisement for 'Archibald Shaw' featuring flamingo and beaver puppets.
I graduated in 2014 with a first in Animation from The University for the Creative Arts, Farnham.
- Stop motion animation
- Model and set making
- Puppet making
- Puppet rig removal and compositing ('After Effects')
- Casting/mould making with plaster and silicone
- Sculpting ('Plasticine'/ 'Super Sculpey'/ 'NSP Plasteline')
- Adobe Creative Suite: 'After Effects', 'Photoshop', 'Premiere Pro'
- Shaky footage stabilisation
- 2D VFX such as smoke and water ('After Effects')
- Green screen (chroma-key) editing
- 'Adobe Flash' and 'Photoshop' for 2D animation
on 10th February 2020 Project featured:William Davies Showreel 2020
on 22nd June 2020 Project featured:Archibald Shaw: 'Lateral Thinking'
on 29th June 2020 Project featured:Drones: Josephine
on 28th October 2020 Project featured:Home In Miniature: Making Of A Model House
on 24th December 2021 Project featured:Home In Miniature: Making A Model Country House
on 5th April 2022 Contributor:
William Davies has been a Contributor since 20th March 2021.