Professionally I have over 19 years' experience in content industry which spans across digital, television and media and have worked with companies; I.e Discovery Networks, NGC Fox international channels, UTV Network, WPP group media agency Maxus Global and Brand-New Media content marketing agency. In this span of 19 years I had the privilege and good fortune to launch programming division within TV networks, launch and manage content practices for media agency, conceptualised and launch of OTT audience platforms, and lead content and corporate leadership workshops for content teams and brands.
Below are some of the key highlights:
1. Programming; Set up programming teams across these networks, devised strategies to increase channel viewership, brand recall and sales. Worked very closely with the US and International regions for content strategy including development, scheduling & operations and ad sales solutions.
a. Discovery Networks: Independent programming responsibility of the channel. I created successful anthologies and promo strategy. Worked on launch of India's first #1 lifestyle channel, Discovery Travel & Living. In 2010 rebranded as TLC. Developed, commissioned and co-produced local shows: E.g. Indian Rendezvous, The Great Indian Wedding, Ladies Tailor.
b. UTV Networks: Launched new movie channel, UTV World Movies - India's 1st international movie channel. Created the entire programming line-up, including acquisition of 400+ movies in 30+ languages, interstitial content, subtitling, FPC, S&P etc. Also created short form programs; 50 movie to see before you die, Cannes Festival special as live show and recreated the magic of horror movies with show Screaming Room
c. National Geographic Channels: Year I was the head of Operations at NGC and lead 2 key projects (digitisation of Telecast content and language customization) of National Geographic Channels into 2 regional languages: I.e. Tamil & Bangla which had a direct impact on the channel rating and the main channel was back to number 1 position by July 2012.
d. FOX: Spearheaded the transition from Fox History & Entertainment Channel to Fox Traveller in three months' time in 2010. Responsible for channel's programming plans, acquisition, operations, FPC scheduling, dubbing quality and overall ratings.
1. Fox Traveller became the No. 1 channel in its genre and beat competition for 6 consecutive weeks after launch.
2. The locally produced shows created the right perception for the channel and many of them also rated well
3. Planned stunts around relevant topics that resulted in high ratings for the channel.
2. Acquisition; in leadership position, good negotiation and deal closure skills and attention to detail and experience of working with local and International content owners across markets and festivals in Cannes, HongKong, Singapore, Dubai and London.
a. Discovery Networks; Acquired 700+ hours of Top-Rated series on the channel: E.g. Globe Trekker, Nigella Bites, Floyd's India, American Chopper, Anthony Bourdain: No Reservation, Hell's Kitchen, while You Were Out, Monster House, What Not to Wear.
b. UTV; Acquired 400+ movies in more than 30 foreign languages for UTV World Movies from 5 International festivals including prestigious Cannes Film Festival.. These movies were a plethora of admirable foreign ﬁlms from great directors like Kim Ki-duk, Ettora Scola, Michelangelo Antonioni & Robert Bresson, Majid Majidi
c. National Geographic Channels and FOX International Channels: Acquired 400+ hours of travel content, e.g. Food Safari, David Rocco's Dolce Vita, Poh's Kitchen, Paul Merton in India and Europe, Amazing Race, Lonely Planet, Eat Street. Supervised 60 hours of commissioned shows: E.g. Mission Army, Twist of Taste with Vineet Bhatia, It Happens only in India, What's with Indian Men, Life Mein Ek Bar.
a. Initiated a dialogue with world renowned chef David Rocco for a co-production deal which materialised into a successful series on Fox Traveller India
b. Created branded content on International channel: Dulux Cool Paint Decoded a 60 min show on Discovery Channel
c. Created successful content formats and IPs viz. L'Oreal Paris Femina Woman awards for 3 seasons and every year took it to the next level which lead to repeat business
d. Digital Content Marketing in online gaming; Won Silver Abby for digital branded content: Perfetti Center Fresh Gum Charades.
4. Content Marketing: Extensive experience in content marketing across industries Television, Media agency and OTT platform. Jury member for Lions Entertainment at the Cannes Lions in 2016. Leading content practice development for the industry by being part of Advisory member at Content Marketing Summit Asia 2017. Pioneered content solutions in Digital Gaming, Character Licensing & Merchandising, Radio & Sports Consultancy.
a. At Maxus global agency as head of branded content lead () a strategic and creative role, responsible for setting the content practice agenda, regional teams, content framework, content streams and partner eco system. I spearheaded and devised media agnostic content strategies for over 50 brands viz. Tata Tea, L'Oreal Paris, Maybelline New York, LinkedIn, Perfetti, Pernord Ricard to name a few. Devised strategic partnerships with India's biggest content creators (television, digital and radio), I gave the company an edge over competitors viz. intellectual property formats, preferential pricing and innovations.
1. Achieved 80% revenue growth. Responsible for agency, brand, publisher & producer partnerships to create content solutions
2. Won Emvies Grand Prix Award: Tata Tea Power of 49 Election Campaign and 35 other metals. I designed content strategy and blueprint for Tata Tea Power of 49 Election Campaign. This campaign was designed to awaken 400 million female voters to collectively voice issues by voting. The campaign broke all norms to set new industry benchmark and won prestigious Grand Emvies for branded content. I devised this 'never seen or done before' campaign along with 4 key media partners - where for first time Indian consumer saw 3 GEC's, 2 news channels, 5 lead GEC protagonists, 50+ celebrities all come together for common cause in multiple content stories across 150+ content pieces.
3. Designed engagement platform 'Content Labs' for Maxus clients and SPH Singapore
4. 2 seasons of LinkedIn Power Profiles for India and Singapore