I am the founder and CEO of Senso Creative advertising agency. Working with domestic and international clients, Senso is a full-service creative agency based in Belgrade, Serbia. Our expertise includes premium creative production for marketing communications, mainly in the field of graphic design. Senso is specialised in packaging design and comprehensive graphic design solutions necessary for creating effective communications.
As a graphic designer and creative director, my job consists of managing various complex creative projects in graphic design, visual communications, and brand development. With 15 years of experience in the field and more than 700 successfully launched packaging design and branding projects, I had an opportunity to master all segments of the graphic design process:
- understanding marketing communication and advertising goals,
- creating various designs and prepress files from scratch,
- creating visual identities and brand guidelines,
- mastering all kinds of printing techniques and print proofing (offset, digital, flexography, and rotogravure printing),
- preparing visual elements for web,
- organising project teams and art direction,
- professional photography production and postproduction, etc.
My graphic design expertise derives from mastering packaging design - one of the most demanding graphic design tasks. It is necessary to understand and transfer creative ideas to different printing materials and packaging types. By implementing various techniques, packaging is usually printed on plastic foil, different paper types, glass or plastic bottles, metal, cardboard, etc. Therefore, besides technical and creative skills, it was necessary to develop a comprehensive knowledge of all kinds of printing processes. Also, it is critical to understand printing colour standards, accuracy and display calibration, work in the field with printers around Europe for approval of large packaging printing runs - usually ten or more tons of film foil.
To make projects successful, it is essential to apprehend every phase of production, inspire and direct other team members or be their replacement if needed. Besides managing projects and personnel, my duties as CEO and creative director include production of high demanding creative visuals:
- logo and brand identity guidelines,
- stationaries and branding elements,
- brochures, catalogues, posters, ads, banners and all other graphic design for marketing and advertising
- packaging design and technical prepress,
- professional photography and postproduction,
- visuals for digital and social media and many more.
Working with large companies like Beiersdorf and Precor, I had to develop skills for implementing corporate branding guidelines in every aspect of production and realisation.
Mastering Adobe Creative Suite and other necessary software is a crucial skill, which I have acquired at the beginning of my graphic design career. Even though creativity is essential for optimal results and quality control, I had to develop a high level of technical proficiency and organisational skills. Working in the field since age 18 (at the beginning as a freelancer), I gained significant experience and developed specific workflows that can reconcile both creativity, technical restraints and communication goals.