As a Creative Leader, I have been a change agent at a series of agencies to transform their capabilities, win business, grow revenue, and build award-winning and diverse creative teams.
- Led Wunderman UK to be ranked 7th in the top 100 marketing agencies in London, shortlisted Agency of the Year, and win more creative awards than in previous 4 years combined;
- Led Wunderman Australia to be the most financially successful agency in Y&R Group Australia, 8th fastest growing and most creatively awarded office in the global Wunderman network of 150+ offices, and APAC Digital Agency of the Year;
- Transformed indie agency Edge from content specialist into integrated creative agency and led the agency to win more awards than ever before in its 15 year history, rank in the Top 10 indie agencies for creativity by Campaign Brief, shortlist for Independent Agency of the Year, and nominated for a Logie;
- Industry recognition including APAC Creative of the Year, listed in Creative Magazine's 'Power 20', foreman of D&AD jury, Cannes Lions juror, Marketer of the Year nomination, and award for Outstanding Contribution to the industry;
- Keynote speaker at industry events in Sydney, London, Santiago, New York and Cannes, and a published commentator and thought leader in industry media;
- Creative highlights include showing 69 million people how to detect childhood cancer with their mobile phone; saving the life of a baby; the original 'Share a Coke' campaign which was the most successful campaign in the brand's 120-year history and expanded into more than 70 markets; the world record for the most retweeted brand tweet ever (still current); inventing a new bio-organic ink; and having three campaigns in the top 10 of The Won Report's World's Best Campaigns.
Art Direction, B2B, B2C, Branding, campaigns, Copywriting, Creative Direction, Creative leadership, creative strategy, digital, Film, integrated, multi-channel, Multimedia, omni-channel, Outdoor, Print, Radio, technology
ADMA - Grand Prix Shortlist, ADMA - Marketer of the Year Finalist, ADMA - Outstanding Contribution to the Industry, ADMA Award Bronze, ADMA Award Gold, ADMA Award Shortlist, ADMA Award Silver, AdNews - Campaign of the Year, AdNews - DM Agency of the Year Finalist, AdNews - DM Agency of the Year Highly Commended, AdNews - Independent Agency of the Year Finalist, AME Award Shortlist, AME Award Silver, APMA Star - Finalist, APMA Star - Gold, APMA Star - Grand Prix, APMA Star - Silver, Astra - Gold, Australian Media Awards - Gold, B&T - Agency of the Year, B&T - DM Agency of the Year, B&T - DM Agency of the Year Finalist, Campaign - Agency of the Year, Campaign BIG Award - Highly Commended, Campaign BIG Award - Nominated, Campaign Magazine - Top 10, Cannes Lions - Bronze, Cannes Lions - Gold, Cannes Lions - Shortlist, Cannes Lions - Silver, Caples - Bronze, Caples - Finalist, Caples - Gold, Caples - Silver, Clios - Shortlist, Clios - Silver, Content Marketing Awards - Gold, Content Marketing Awards - Shortlist, Creative Circle Award - Nomination, Creative Circle Award - Silver, D&AD Award - In-book, D&AD Award - Wood Pencil, DADI - Finalist, DADI - Gold, DADI - Grand Prix, DADI - Silver, Digital Asia Festival - Agency of the Year, Digital Asia Festival - Brand of the Year, Digital Asia Festival - Creative of the Year, Digital Asia Festival - Finalist, Digital Asia Festival - Gold, Directory - Silver, Drum - Ad of the Day, Drum - Campaign of the Year, Drum - Finalist, Drum - Gold, Drum - Tweet of the Year, Echo - Bronze, Echo - Finalist, Echo - Green Marketing Award, Echo - Leader, Echo -Silver, Effies - Gold, Effies - Silver, Eurobest Award Shortlist, Eurobest Award Silver, Festival of Media Award, Global Awards - Gold, Golden Stylus - Gold, IAB - Gold, IAB - Shortlist, MAA Globes - Bronze, MAA Globes - Gold, Mumbrella - Content Campaign of the Year, New York Ad Festival - Grand Prize, One Club Award - Best of Show, One Show - Gold Pencil, One Show - Merit, One Show - Silver Pencil, Shorty Award, SIA Summit - Gold, Social Buzz - Gold, Spikes Asia - Bronze, Spikes Asia - Gold, Spikes Asia - Shortlist, TV Week Logies - Shortlist, UK DMA - Bronzer, UK DMA - Finalist, UK DMA - Gold, UK DMA - Silver
AAMI, AAP, AD instruments, Air New Zealand, ALDI, American Express, Arnotts, Art Gallery NSW, Aussie, Austar, Australian Red Cross Blood Service, BPAY, Budget Eyewear, Childhood Eye Cancer Trust, Coca-Cola, David Jones, Dettol, Dublin, E45, Earth Hour, EDF Energy, Emirates Airlines, Foxsports, Foxtel, Freedom Furniture, Freeview, Gaviscon, GlaxoSmithKline, Heineken, Hotham & Falls Creek, IKEA Ltd, ING Direct, invictus games, Jacobs Creek Wines, Jaguar, Jeans for Genes Day, KingGee, Mable, Medecins Sans Frontieres, Microsoft, Mitre10, Nestlé, News UK, Nicotinell, Nokia, Novartis, NRMA, NRMA Financial Services, NRMA Insurance, Nulon, Nurofen, Olay, P&G, Pedestrian Council, Pringles, Pure Life Pet Foods, Samboy, Sanitarium, SBS, Schick, Shell, Strepsils, Telstra, The Sun, Tooheys Extra Dry, Uncle Tobys, United Airlines, Veet, Virgin Media Business, Wattyl, Xbox, XXXX Gold
on 20th October 2015 Project featured:The Next Photo
on 20th October 2015 Project featured:Hackers Wanted
on 17th September 2021 Project featured:Wolf, Not Wolf
on 4th March 2022 Pro member:
Pro accounts have added benefits for Creativepool members. To get your Pro account go here.
Matt Batten has been a Contributor since 1st November 2021.