GET 16-34 women TO choose Simple over competitors in all key areas of the face category via a relevant music partnership.
Recruit new Simple users by creating awareness and excitement around the partnership to make the brand feel more relatable & encourage conversations around the efficacy of Simple’s products.
2018 was all about empowerment, not least the beauty industry. Here, our beauty trend analysis revealed skincare was becoming democratized across every social platform. The focus was shifting from so-called experts to three key target audiences –
1) The Insta-Beauticians looking for tutorials, inspiration, and creativity through their followers list.
2) The Skinfluentials who firmly opt for a skin first, make-up second ideology.
3) The Make-Up Mixers, an army of young women who thrive on experimenting with their look.
In this new Gen Z-powered climate, Simple had to refresh its image to gain relevancy. So we teamed up with the 21st century manifestation of girl power – Little Mix!
Concept: Mix Up Your Make-Up
Bursting into our audiences’ digital space, we purposefully created eye-catching assets inspired by the content viewed and liked by our three skincare audiences.
We encouraged them to mix it up their own way. By creating four different worlds for four different girls, we showed that no matter your personality or complexion the efficacy of Simple allows you to express yourself however you want.
We made sure that our audience were a part of the conversation throughout the campaign with:
- A bespoke custom AR Snapchat Lens, literally letting users experiment with four new make-up styles.
- Instagram and Snapchat stories using the world’s biggest girl band to launch a skincare quiz where they each shared their own make-up routines.
- Bespoke GIPHY Stickers for Instagram (a first for the brand and the band) that have been downloaded 39 million times and counting.
Receptive skincare users (problem solving or social discovering), women BC1C2 aged 16-34 (Bullseye 16-24).
Execution and Results:
With over 40 content executions across social, DOOH and VOD, our message of skincare empowerment was everywhere. From concert screens to underground, we tailored the creative to align with each audiences' appetites. This not only led to enhanced awareness of the Simple x Little Mix partnership, but also meant we exceeded every KPI set:
- 398% sales uplift
- 7% shift in brand loyalty vs competitor brands
- Top of mind skincare brand Simple overtook all category competitors
- 105% on VOD completed views
- 99% completion rate on Spotify
- 85.2M impressions across all social channels
- 2.9M reach (77% of our social audience)
- Geo Filter created to celebrate a secret show with the girls
- 33.9M organic reach on Twitter
- 3.25M organic reach on Facebook
- 5.9M downloads within first 48 hours on bespoke GIPHY stickers for Instagram
- 39M downloads and counting of the Instagram stickers to date
- Best in class for Snapchat lens 36 seconds play time (vs benchmark 8-12 seconds)
- 46% surveys showed consumers were considering buying or had already bought a Simple product
- Supplier of the Year for Superdrug
- +245K year on year increase for Limited Edition wipes
- +164K year on year increase for Limited Edition Micellar Water
On top of all of this, worldwide conversation surrounding #SimpleXLittleMix has caused Unilever to enter talks on how this range could become a global venture.
Jen CownieSenior Planner
Thomas Rees KayeMotion Editor
Tracy WoodfordAgency Producer
Lloyd FrancisHead of Motion
Lucy BurtAccount Director
Lorena TeruelHead of Design
Dale JamesArt Director
Joshua BondMotion Editor
Tom HarmanCreative Director
Olivia WedderburnSocial Media Manager
Louise ShawArt Director
Angela GarofoloAgency Producer
Phil PageAccount Manager
Jeff BowermanCreative Director
TMW Unlimited has been a Contributor since 4th May 2017.