As Chief Layout Editor/contributor of the Kingston University student newspaper, I was in charge of
- the style guide for the newspaper,
- maintaining consistency throughout the paper,
- leading the team on press day,
- creating a flat plan for each newspaper,
- and creating the front page for each issue of the newspaper.
- As well as this I was a contributor, and wrote two articles per paper issue and multiple more for the website.
As Chief Layout Editor I also had to be proficient in Photoshop and InDesign, to be able to help others in the team as well as lay out my own designated pages in the newspaper.