The Nuffield Trust is an independent health charity. We aim to improve the quality of health care in the UK by providing evidence-based research and policy analysis and informing and generating debate.
We want to help achieve a high quality health and social care system that improves the health and care of people in the UK.
We set out to do this by:
• improving the evidence base that leads to better care by undertaking rigorous applied research and policy analysis
• using our independence to provide expert commentary, analysis and scrutiny of policy and practice
• bringing together policy-makers, practitioners and others to develop solutions to the challenges facing the health and social care system.
We will be grounded in the practical implications of policy-making, working closely with NHS staff and policy-makers to identify solutions. Above all, we aim to be a trusted and respected voice at a time of unprecedented challenge to the NHS and social care system.
In everything we do we strive to be:
• independent and free from vested interests
• rigorous, robust and evidence-based in the work we undertake
• relevant, supportive but also challenging when we need to be
• open and engaging with all those we come into contact with
• an organisation that makes a difference to the quality of policy-making and practice in the UK.