I want to start this blog off by saying that I am Marketing Recruitment Consultant without a background in marketing. I can already sense the shock and horror I’ll get from saying that, but I want you to hear me out. I’ve learned a lot from speak to clients, candidates, and reading the plethora of articles from marketingweek.com and The Drum etc. I can only teach myself so much about the industry and that is why I have decided that to become a better recruiter I need to do marketing courses.
With the job market still being quite bleak, not everyone can afford £5000 courses to upskill, myself included. I have gathered a list of FREE resources that I have come across that would be incredibly beneficial for all my marketing candidates out there who are on a budget and are looking to upskill.
1. Google – Offers quite a few courses in marketing but their holy grail is their certified ‘Fundamentals in Digital Marketin’– Great for Junior Marketers
2. Hubspot – Amazing resource for certification courses
Social Media Marketing Course: Get Certified in Social Media Strategy - View Here
Content Marketing Course: Get Certified in Content Marketing - View Here
Email Marketing Course: Get Certified in Email Marketing - View Here
3. Copyblogger – Do an informative course on internet marketing without the waffle
- Introducing Internet Marketing for Smart People - View Here
4. Facebook – Have a variety of different certification courses to become a better marketer on Facebook - View Here
5. Canva – Everyone’s favourite not photoshop software have courses ranging from personal branding to basic graphic design - View Here
6. Skillshare – If you’ve been on you YouTube, you’ve probably seen a couple of your favourite creators being sponsored by skillshare but it’s actually a really good source for upskilling
- Copywriting 101: Crafting Your First Ad Campaign is a fan favourite - View Here
These are a few of my favourite free resources that I am and will continue to do in my spare time. There are still loads out there from the likes of udemy.com, coursera.org and linkedin.com/learning so you will never run out of free resources to learn. I understand that looking for a job is already a full-time job in itself but sometimes it’s good to keep your sanity by doing a couple of courses to upskill and upgrade your resume. I wish you all the best into becoming a better marketer!
This blog was written by Jenny Hughes, Recruitment Consultant - mustard MD. For all things Client Services & Marketing, please reach her on either 0117 284 0066 or at [email protected]