If you appreciate creative, inspiring online work, get ready to cheer: After a long and thrilling season, marked by nearly 1,500 entries from all across Europe, The Lovie Awards has officially announced this year's winners. And we're proud to share the news that Creativepool is among them.
Creativepool has been awarded its first-ever Lovie for Best Social & Community Website (Silver). We are honoured to celebrate this win alongside so many talented individuals and organisations. Other notable Lovie wins this year include Do It for Denmark, for Best Viral Advertising (Gold); SoundCloud iOS, for Best Mobile Visual Design (Silver); The Guardian for Best Documentary in Internet Video (Gold, People’s Lovie); Vice News for Best News & Information in Social (Silver, People's Lovie) – and many more.
Lovie Award Winners are selected both by the online public who vote during The People's Lovie Awards; and by the International Academy of Digital Arts & Sciences (IADAS) – a prestigious judging body of esteemed members like broadcaster Lauren Laverne, Buzzcar Founder Robin Chase, Google Venture's Tom Hulme, Tweetdeck founder Iain Dodsworth and fashion designer Henry Holland.
In addition to celebrating online work in websites, mobile, social, video and interactive advertising, The Lovies also announced several Special Achievement winners, including:
- Jamie Oliver is the Lovie Person of the Year for hit web series Food Tube
- Icelandic post-rock band Sigur Rós, for Artist of the Year
- Computer scientist Sophie Wilson, inventor of the ARM processor, for Lifetime Achievement
- Dan Howell, the creator of the YouTube show danisnotonfire, for Internet Video Person of the Year
- Edwin Broni-Mensah, inspiring founder of the start-up GiveMeTap, for Lovie Emerging Entrepreneur
- The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies for the Lovie Be Greater with Data Award
The star-studded 4th Annual Lovie Awards will be held at St Lukes LSO in London on Tuesday, 11 November – and hosted by none other than British comedian Mark Dolan.
Be sure to check out the full Lovie Awards Winners Gallery and congratulate your favourites on social media using #Lovies.
The Lovie Awards is the only pan-European award honouring excellence on the Web. Now in its fourth year, The Lovie Awards continues to celebrate the most resonant and pertinent stories in Europe, building on the 19-year legacy of its global sister, The Webby Awards. Past winners include Stephen Fry, Björk, Vic Hayes (The "Father of Wi-Fi"), Candy Crush, Artist JR, Tweetdeck and Prof. Heinz Gerhaüser, creator of the MP3 File.