Being one of the world’s largest creative communities, Creativepool is in a unique position to understand to what extent the creative industry is recovering from the COVID-19 outbreak.
Back in April, when the industry was still adapting to self-isolation, we asked about the impact of the lockdown on businesses, employees and freelancers across our community. The full report from April can be consulted here.
Six months have passed since that first survey, and so did most of this eventful 2020. In this scenario of global uncertainty, we knew the industry was on the verge of a slow, yet steady recovery. We decided to tap into our community once more.
Is the industry already recovering from Coronavirus?
We created two surveys: one for full-time employees and freelancers, one for business leaders from agencies, creative services, brands and creative companies. Both included a section for unemployed creatives.
We sent the survey out to our massive community and have received an outstanding response. Nearly 2,000 responses were recorded in just a few days from all sectors of the creative industries, including data about budget, client retention, home working, team dynamics, productivity and more. This, among other things, gives us enormous insight into the current status of the job market and what long-term consequences the outbreak might bring upon the industry.
Here is what we found out.
Below is the roadmap of the planned coverage for the second Creativepool Coronavirus Survey. Available articles are linked in green. This article will act as a container for all the upcoming survey reports and will be updated with links to the new articles as they come out.
- 75% of the industry will keep supporting remote working post-pandemic
- Most freelancers will need nearly a year to recover from COVID-19
- Only about 40% of agencies have retained their clients during the pandemic
- 1 in 3 creative jobseekers risks losing everything within 6 months
- The effects of the corona crisis on the creative job market
- Do you feel more stressed lately? You're not alone
- Final Summary - When will the creative industry recover from the corona crisis? (Coming Soon)