A roundup of the most important news of the week in the advertising awards world.
The Lovie Awards have introduced The Lovie Creators for Change Award.
- In partnership with YouTube’s Creators for Change programme, this special honour celebrates creators whose work exemplifies the programme’s mission: to use the global power of online video to combat misunderstanding, fear and intolerance on the Internet, and to celebrate hope and positivity for audiences everywhere.
- The inaugural winners were British creators Rose Ellen Dix and and TheRoxetera.
- The Global Awards, that recognizes World’s Best Healthcare & Wellness Advertising, has announced the 2016 Finalists.
- The United States were out front this year with 65 entries achieving Finalist status, a 25.5% increase over last year. The United Kingdom had 27 entries move on to the trophy round, followed by Australia with 13 Finalists. German agencies saw 6 entries move forward. India, Singapore and the United Arab Emirates each achieved 4 Finalists; and Brazil, Canada, France and Japan moved forward with 3 Finalists, followed by China with 2. Cambodia, Greece, Peru, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Turkey and Ukraine each had a single entry move forward.
The One Show
- The One Show introduces the Cultural Driver Award.
- The goal of this new prize is to award previously overlooked perspectives among awards show entries.
- The Cultural Driver Award will recognize influential marketing that has had a noticeable impact on pop culture, beyond even the marked effect of traditional advertising and design.
- The Ciclope Festival announced its 2016 finalists.
- Entries in the shortlist come from all many different production companies and ad agencies as you can see on the below gif.
- The full content programme for the 2016 Eurobest has been announced with five weeks to go before the event launches in Rome.
- Attendees to Europe’s largest Festival of creativity will be able to see on stage panels such as “How Creativity can ‘Unfuck’ Europe” from McCann Worldgroup Europe, a session that will explore how creativity can drive diversity, openness and dialogue in a Europe that’s become increasingly more threatened, or the “Treadmill Talk Shows” by N2 Helsinki, a high-octane live creative experiment that will set pulses racing based on the observation that creativity is enhanced when people are physically active and that a half hour of exercise can boost creativity for hours.
- ANDY Awards has announced its jury for its 2017 edition.
- The jury is full of familiar faces and includes creatives leaders, such as Joe Alexander, Colleen DeCourcy, Pete Favat, Gerry Graf, Judy John, Tham Khai Meng, Malcolm Poynton, Per Pedersen, Luiz Sanches or Mark Tutssel.
- Entries deadline for the Mobius Awards 2017 is on October 31st. Enter here
- Entries deadline for the AME Awards 2017 is on October 31st. Enter here
- Entries deadline for the World Luxury Award is on November 6th. Enter here
- Call for entries for the FAB Awards 2017. Enter here
- Call for entries for the IAC Awards 2017. Enter here
Story of the week: #LovieSpeech
- Lovie Awards held their awards ceremony this week.
- This year, they asked the public to help Lovie Winners crowdsource their #LovieSpeech.
- Declarations of Lovie had to use the word “love” and could be in any language.
Quote of the week
'Future of agencies is in designing meaningful (data informed, content fuelled) experiences across owned, earned, shared & paid touch points.'
Paul Frampton on Twitter