Freelance Graphic Designer
Scanline is on the lookout for talented and creative designers to work freelance across a range of projects across both print and digital channels.
Working closely with the marketing team, candidates will have a proven track record producing and delivering creative and engaging visual content in line with briefs givens. Candidates should have a strong conceptual background with the ability to take abstract ideas and turn them into strong and effective campaigns.
- Working closely with the marketing team to produce both print and digital assets that highlight Scanline’s VFX work and increase overall brand awareness.
- Working with and advising the marketing team on design best practices to help form the creative direction for the company in terms of style guides, typography choices, and the overall look and feel of the brand.
- Ensuring all collateral across channels has a consistent look and feel.
- Developing both internal and external facing template documents, including but not limited to presentation decks, letterheads, press, etc.
- Translating abstract concepts into strong graphic representation while hitting the necessary points outlined in the brief.
- Prioritizing and managing multiple projects within design specifications to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Ensuring all material delivered is of high quality both from a creative and technical point standpoint.
- Illustrating early concepts by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Ability to talk through your design choices confidentially and explain and support why those choices were made.
- Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Be proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Have experience in After Effects and previous motion graphic design experience.
- Previous experience in web design is a huge plus.
- Excellent knowledge of current trends in design, typography, and graphic fundamentals both for print and digital.
- Have an excellent understanding of various image formats and their applications.
- Have experience in all aspects of the creative process from concept development through to preparing the final design deliverables.
- Be able to communicate effectively to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Have a keen eye for detail.
- Be able to work collaboratively and to a brief while receiving constructive feedback.
- Demonstrate well-developed artistic sensibilities and be able to interpret and address notes.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic arts, design, communications, or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in graphic design (entertainment industry experience preferred).
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.