Women's Fashion Editor
The Women's Fashion Editor will translate the women’s fashion marketing content across print, digital (site/email), mobile and social to ensure a cohesive and unified 360-degree fashion marketing message. The Editor will work closely with his/her Fashion Office counterparts to ensure that all women’s fashion marketing content aligns with seasonal must haves, designated themes and overarching corporate initiatives. This individual will be a point of contact between fashion office, site, project management and manage a small team of womenswear writers, working closely with fashion directors on product selection for all women’s fashion marketing vehicles. This individual must have a background in telling compelling shopping stories, preferably for a digital property and/or magazine and ideally retail experience. A strong eye for product and ability to influence at multiple levels also important. Perform other duties as assigned.
A day in the life:
- Manage women’s fashion point of view for editorial team/projects.
- Manage women’s fashion team and ensure that execution is consistent with business priorities and editorial strategy.
- Aid in conceptualization of women’s editorial fashion content and monthly planning of women’s stories across platforms.
- Liaise with editorial team partners (Image, Styling, Site, etc) to ensure the women’s Fashion Office point of view is expressed consistently and authentically in execution of editorial content.
- Oversee/manage image selection for site content with merchandising partners.
- Work with Fashion Office to ensure women’s editorial viewpoint is represented in Fashion Office deliverables.
- Responsible for customer concept decks where necessary (Fashion Week etc).
- Be point of contact for editorial third-party partners (i.e. websites/blogs, Who What Wear) to ensure women’s content aligns with fashion point of view.
- Own the editorial womenswear content. Communicate with site and editorial on all marketing initiatives as it pertains to product direction and storytelling. This applies to all full price fashion, digital site.
- Have knowledge and interest in storytelling around different price points, creating engaging women’s content for Nordstrom’s wide range of customers.
- Pro-actively provide new/innovative creative fashion marketing ideas for all channels.
- Maintain and adhere to the marketing work flow calendar to ensure that all projects are planned and executed according to schedule.
- Consult on social media posts/product for social working alongside the Social Editor(s).
- Attend monthly product meetings to present women’s editorial stories to the creative, marketing and project management teams.
- Work closely with the Deputy Editorial Director to ensure that all marketing vehicles are cohesive across all channels.
- Create an engaging collaborative culture both within the fashion office and outside the office with all cross functional partners including merchants, marketing, site merchandising, project management and creative.
- Operate with on-going curiosity about emerging fashion marketing trends through competitive analysis in fashion magazines, fashion catalogs, digital guides, emails, social media and mobile applications.
You own this if you have:
- A Bachelor's degree in journalism, mass communication, or English language.
- 5+ years of experience managing an editorial team in a mid- to large-sized company.
- Experience in a mid-senior creative role in editorial, journalism or within a large-scale marketing and/or advertising agencies. Retail experience a plus.
- Proven track record of working on projects from concept to completion, applying best practices with the ability to prioritize and creatively problem-solve.
- Knowledge of fashion editorial, runway, high street and shopping trends.
- Knowledge of constantly changing technology.
- Ability to think strategically and stay on top of execution.
- Ability to supervise, train and mentor employees, including organizing, prioritizing and managing timelines.
- Ability to analyze and apply data for metrics-driven results.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with a high degree of collaboration and influence.
We’ve got you covered:
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Time Off.
- Merchandise Discount.
- Lifework / EAP resources.
A few more important points:
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified.
Closing 11 December 2019
- Michael Kors
- New York
Copy Editor, App Store
Closing 12 December 2019
- Santa Clara Valley
Want more Women's Fashion Editor jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Assistant jobs, Features Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Production Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Art Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.