Web UX Specialist
Through performance analytics, surveys, testing and other user measurements to interpret scopes of work for key site enhancements and troubleshooting, the Web UX Specialist will lead the effort to provide smartwool.com visitors with the best web experience possible and fulfill the vision of smartwool.com being the epicenter of the brand.
- The Web UX Specialist acts as the customer advocate by creating the user experience and information architecture for websites. This also includes defining functionality, navigation, and interaction of the eCommerce websites and creating the functional requirements documentation.
- In addition will lead the eCommerce team through a wide range of usability activities and incorporate the principles of user-centered design into all aspects of the program to create a world-class eCommerce experience.
- Delivers analysis and reporting on results from site testing and improvements.
- Works with Marketing, Sales and other departments, seeking to understand the end users through broad customer surveys, post purchase surveys, focus groups and other research techniques.
- Meets with internal staff regarding business goals and drivers, and assists with proposing user experience (UX) approaches to meet customer, end user and business needs.
- Drives KPI’s: conversion rate optimization, site speed, SEO, and supporting marketing initiatives.
- Coordinate submitting new tasks within Jira with Ops Manager to ensure new enhancements or web related issues are completed.
- Coordinate enhancement requests with digital technology teams.
- Ensure SEO is optimized with site improvements and updates.
- Translates and transforms the user experience from desktop and mobile interfaces and understands the importance of responsive design and information hierarchy in this translation.
- Provides weekly analytics and status updates on all UX findings and projects.
- Provides Month End Score Card for the S&OP.
- Acts as a customer and end user advocate, ensuring the best possible customer experience as it relates to online interactions, tasks and processes.
- Regularly analyzes competitor and other aspirational eCommerce and digital programs for effectiveness and innovation, and provides analysis, insight and recommendations based on empirical research.
- Be the team expert on heatmapping (Hot Jar) and A/B & multivariate testing practices through Monetate.
Consumer at the Core:
- All eComm team members assist with responding to consumer communication (outside of Customer Service) from channels such as Hot Jar and Navar.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
- 3-5 years digital/eCommerce or related field.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business or in human-computer interaction (HCI), visual design or related design field required
- Demonstrated understanding of eCommerce and user experience best practices, with a track record of applying these best practices to platform projects and enhancements.
- Thorough knowledge of the translation and transformation of the user experience from desktop, mobile, interfaces and the importance of responsive design and information hierarchy in this translation.
- Working knowledge of the WebSphere platform, specifically Smart Merchandiser, Adobe Experience Manager, Monetate and how these capabilities comprise the user experience.
- Basic working knowledge of HTML5, CSS and programming languages.
- Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with a cross-functional team of project managers, designers, content experts, developers, business analysts and others to create a world-class eCommerce experience.
Product Design Director
Closing 26 May 2020
- San Francisco
Footwear Designer 2, Performance Running
Closing 26 May 2020
Want more Web UX Specialist jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Frontend Web Developer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Web Developer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.