Web Development Team Leader
We are very enthusiastic to be working with one of the largest multinational professional services firms, who are seeking an exceptional Web Development Team Leader to join their innovative Creative Services Group within the in-house design team, based in their superb London headquarters in Canary Wharf.
As the Web Development Team Leader, you will be working alongside high profile clients, the Web Development Team and the Creative Director, to ensure innovative creativity and quality is delivered to the clients. The Web Development Team Leader will manage various members of the team to provide direction and guidance, whilst working closely alongside the Creative Services Manager to ensure all processes and procedures in place for a collaboratively working department. An outstanding Web Development Team Leader will oversee all Web Development work that enters the studio, certifying that all client deadlines and expectations are met and upheld at a very high standard.
The Team Leader role is suited to a candidate with a strong creative focus and is highly driven to produce high-quality deliverables and results within the client brand guidelines. This Web Development Team Leader role is a fantastic opening for someone who is seeking the next step in their career within an organisation that is rapidly growing and is innovative within their market.
To be successful in this role, you will be confident to:
- Carry out WD team performance reviews and personal development plans
- Carry out day to day management of the Web Development team, including HR responsibilities for the team such as reviews, sickness and holidays etc.
- Ensure fully conversant with each team member’s strengths and skill levels
- Design and UX, front end development of user-friendly user interfaces
- Lead on the technical development, design and build of web applications to support a range of digital products and services
- Work with managers and account director to obtain necessary resources to support the team’s requirements
- Negotiate and manage deadlines
- Provide quotes of time and cost estimates for jobs
- Develop and share best practice and working knowledge with team members
- Set and communicate standards for the team
- Ensure all quality review checklist are completed and standards are maintained
- Strong job and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks or projects and prioritise accordingly
- Take briefs from clients whilst advising them on the best technical solution whilst educating and influencing clients to choose effective and functional designs and deliverables within their timeframes
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to liaise at all levels (client, team, manager and IT)
- Follow standards, UX/UI and digital guidelines for branded materials
- Keep abreast of digital media trends, technologies and developments to share new ideas to the team and client
- Familiarise the team with the customer needs, specifications, design targets, the development process, design standards, techniques and tools to support task performance
- Coordinates meetings with the project manager and management to discuss project impediments, needed resources or issues/delays in completing the task
- Understand and anticipate clients’ needs and expectations
- Innovative with the ability to implement problem solving initiatives
- Keen and eager to learn and develop new skills to support the growth of the team
- An active interest in new industry trends, emerging technologies and innovation
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent customer relationship management skills
- Calm and mature personality with the ability to work both on own initiative and in a team environment, often under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Professional, confident and enthusiastic team player
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise an often-conflicting workload
- Collaborative and proactive approach
We are looking for someone who has/is:
- Previous Senior/Lead experience within a team
- Significant experience for developing Mobile First website
- Experience in developing SPA’s and mobile applications - AngularJS preferred, VUE.js would be beneficial
- Good knowledge in Web API, RESTful Web Services design alongside evidence you can write testable, extendable and maintainable code
- Good understanding of cross-browser quirks - IE browser support is a main priority
- Experience translating Adobe Photoshop/XD work into responsive mark-up
- Significant experience in working with a mixed team working across the creative board with a good understanding of converting a design led approach to a technical solution
- Knowledge of QA processes and procedures
- Experience of working in an enclosed technical environment - financial, etc.
- Experience in SharePoint 2015 would be useful but not essential
- Previous managerial experience
- Git or other source control products
- Experience working in a Creative Studio environment
This new exceptional opportunity to work for a very exciting multinational professional services firm also offers outstanding competitive full benefits package and a generous bonus structure. If this fantastic opportunity fits your job search, please send your CV to Gemma Grima-Brown at HYF today.
It is HYF’s policy, as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted, you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful, and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.
HYF is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this permanent vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients. Thank you.
Closing 12 June 2020
Menswear Graphic Designer
Closing 1 August 2020
Want more Web Development Team Leader jobs?
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.