At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering immersive experiences for our clients.
Located in London (Farringdon), United Kingdom, you will be working in a progressive, meritocratic environment, with access to world renowned thought leadership from all disciplines and working with some of the brightest minds in their fields.
We are looking for an established practitioner of the latest web technologies; building best in class applications, serving users on the modern web landscape, whatever that may be.
Collaborating in a team of highly skilled people, each with strong opinions about various technologies, frameworks and approaches to delivery; you will need to communicate your ideas to your colleagues effectively and articulate them to other internal stakeholders.
Collaborating and delivering on the promises of heavily experiential UI designs, often attempting what has not been attempted before; delivering the future of digital engagements with today’s technologies.
You will be a self-starting technologist who can draw parallels across a technology landscape and isn’t restricted by a specific skill set. However below is a list of skill sets we would expect:
- Hands on development on small to large scale projects.
- Work closely with others to ensure good collaboration across all disciplines (Creative/UX) and to facilitate the solving of day-to-day challenges.
- Implement testing strategies and promote rapid but high-quality development practices.
- Operating in Lean and Agile methodologies or Hybrid approaches.
- Strive to learn new skills and stay abreast of technical developments, successfully applying them to work practices.
- Receive a high level of internal and external client satisfaction.
- Encourage and mentor peers and reviewing code written by other developers.
- Advanced Vanilla JS, ReactJS and jQuery.
- Advanced CSS and SASS including non-trivial bespoke web animations, for example, the parallax effect, animations tied to scroll, frame animations, and image carousel animations.
- Excellent semantic HTML5 skills.
- Integration of front-end code with Content Management System (AEM) and other back-end technologies using templates.
- Responsive web design capability for varying viewports and breakpoints, input mechanisms and touch devices.
- Knowledgeable in feature support between mobile and desktop browsers, touch and mouse events, responsive images, and backwards compatibility with IE11.
- Communication with API’s or server applications via HTML forms.
- Use source code control systems (GIT) to resolve complicated code conflicts.
- Implementing tagging with GTM for web components experience.
Qualities And Characteristics:
- Working knowledge of AEM development and understanding of an AEM project. structure, writing HTML, managing packages with CRX/DE.
- BitBucket, Jira, Jenkins experience.
- Recognised as a trusted developer - work well by themselves or contributing to a team.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Product Design Director
Closing 22 December 2021
Senior Digital Designer
Closing 20 December 2021
- Superb Media
- £40,000 to 50,000 per annum
Closing 21 December 2021
Want more Web Developer jobs?
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.