You will join an ambitious, mission-driven and rapidly-growing company, based in Shoreditch.
If you’re creative, enthusiastic and ambitions with a strong work ethic and a natural aptitude for web design and development, this is the job for you.
We’re looking for an individual with a minimum of 4 years’ design experience plus great initiative, strong attention to detail, good multi-tasking abilities, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a high level of organisation and focus, and the ability to work to deadlines under pressure.
- Design sharable and memorable assets/visual content for our social media channels
- Design and production of newsletters in accordance with best practice layout
- Design across varying marketing communications, i.e. digital and hard copy magazines, HTML, PowerPoint, PDFs, Brochures and event branding
- The ability to design and develop web pages, including wireframes, graphic content, and site navigation with UX/UI in mind
- Work closely with customers and colleagues to deliver optimal user experiences across the websites and applications used
- Developing, testing and evaluating designs
- Project manage implementation of designs across multiple vendors
- Discussing and solving complex problems
Essential Skills & Experience
- 4+ years’ experience of web design and front-end development
- Ability to apply visual design skills and principles to implement final designs for functional prototypes
- Ability to transform design sketches to responsive wireframes and prototypes for functional implementation
- A strong portfolio showing your experience of front-end design across responsive web design, mobile applications, business applications and control panels
- Very good understanding of both desktop and mobile design principles, with an understanding of responsive design and best practices
- Experience optimising applications for maximum speed and scalability (web-servers/CDN)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- The ability to prioritise and plan effectively
- Ability to design and create print and digital marketing collateral
- Has excellent knowledge of graphic / web design tools such as Adobe Suite, Sketch, Invision for responsive User Interfaces, and Wordpress. Experience working with email marketing platforms is a plus.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with colleagues, with experience of extracting requirements and briefs from stakeholders and articulating your recommendations
- Strong organisational skills, detailed oriented, resourceful, and proactive
- Demonstrable ability to self-manage with excellent task and schedule management
- Be a hard worker and quick learner, as well as extremely hands-on
- Thrive on independence, but excel at collaboration
- Have passion for luxury lifestyle and sustainability
What you will get?
We value hard and smart work (ideally having fun along the way!) and we respect and support people’s lives outside of work, whenever possible. We’re building a company that is great for the world and great for the people who work with us.
Does this sound like you, or do you know just the right person? Please send your CV and cover letter.
Due to the high volumes received, we are not able to respond to all applicants. If you’re not contacted within 14 days, you may assume your application on this occasion has not been successful.
Front End Web Developer (Wordpress) - for Peppermint Soda
Closing 15 August 2018
- Peppermint Soda
CRM Marketing Executive - Asos
Closing 8 August 2018
- ASOS plc
Want more Web Designer jobs?
Want to find more Digital Designer jobs, Frontend Web Developer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Web Developer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.