Web Designer / Developer - MicrosoftThis job listing has expired
You should have a strong interest in technology and know-how to work alongside engineers and product managers, and an ability to tell compelling stories about users and products to support your work. Other success factors for UXers in our agile environment:
- Thoughtfulness- You're thoughtful and deliberate in your choices and able to articulate that on the fly across a cross-functional team, and occasionally, conflicting priorities and objectives.
- Sales intelligence + persuasion skills-You've got the social intelligence and sales skills to understand (or explain) what needs to be changed, and why. You use criticism to spur insightful conversations, not a reason to be defensive or shut down.
- A translator of tradeoffs-There's no perfect interface and no right answer. You're able to create different options and translate the tradeoffs between them in the context of business objectives.
- A facilitator-You know how to collaborate with others and let them put their concerns on the table.
About the team:
Your new team is led by a Group Creative Director who is reshaping the way digital experiences unfold in the universe of Microsoft's modern design for the developer and IT professional space. The team is comprised of widely talented and diverse individuals with interesting backgrounds and sometimes perplexing passions. It's an environment where creativity and innovation thrive, and where you can solve hard problems and make a positive impact every day. From our perspective-this is the moment to join, we are ready to grow, positioned to win and will be the next big design team that people wish they were part of.
Portfolio: A strong web design portfolio demonstrating clear understanding of UI and interaction design principles, both graphical and technical, will be essential. Examples of typical web/UX design deliverables such as wireframes, comps/mockups, and other visual design assets should be included. We understand that design is about problem-solving and not just visual design aesthetics. Be prepared to show how you've used design techniques and artifacts to support thinking, design, and collaboration on complex projects. Visual appeal is very important, but we're also interested in how your portfolio demonstrates your ability to solve problems using design thinking and communication, and to apply user-centered design principles and practices. You should also be able to demonstrate a high degree of skill in translating designs into working web interfaces in HTML5 and CSS. Technical work samples, example projects, and/or a link to your work on GitHub will be important to demonstrate your coding chops.
• Minimum of 2 years UX design and development skills
• Mastery of front-end technologies, including HTML5 and CSS
• Experience working with templating systems
Desirable skills & experience:
• Experience working in a large online services or e-commerce environment
• Experience doing analytics-driven design and multivariate testing
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Lead Experience Designer - DigitasLBi
Closing 26 October 2017
Senior UX Designer for Expedia
Closing 3 November 2017
- Dependent on experience
Want more Web Designer / Developer - Microsoft jobs?
Want to find more Backend Web Developer jobs, Frontend Web Developer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Web Developer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.