Web Design Manager - Taylor & FrancisThis job listing has expired
Taylor & Francis (Journals) are looking for an experienced web designer/developer to deliver a programme of marketing website design and development, for the company and for academic societies who publish with us. Managing and delivering projects yourself, you will also be responsible for over-seeing projects allocated to a small team of designers/developers. The position would suit an experienced mid-weight developer looking to step up to a more senior role.
- Work with internal and external clients to deliver website projects from research and requirement gathering all the way through to design, development, testing and deployment. This is mainly a front-end role, but you will need experience of building websites on a content management system (we use WordPress and Expression Engine).
- Liaise with the technical teams and sys-admins to co-ordinate website launches and updates.
- Plan and deliver CMS training to staff and clients.
- Oversee projects allocated to a small team of designers/developers, making sure that the team’s projects are well-planned and delivered on time to consistently high standards.
- Work with the Head of E-Marketing Projects to prioritise the programme roadmap.
- Liaise with the technical teams and sys-admins to put process and infrastructure improvements in place, e.g. issue tracking, version control, automated deployments.
- Ensure that coding and documentation standards are consistent across the team and provide/advise on training where necessary.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments in the web industry with a view to continually improving project planning and development processes.
- Experience in project management
- A strong ability to communicate effectively with internal and external clients
- SASS or LESS
- MySQL or similar
- Responsive design
- Accessibility and web standards
- Experience with CMS (we use WordPress and Expression Engine)
- Experience with version control systems (e.g. Git or SVN)
- Website design experience
- Strong portfolio (please send us links to examples of your work in your CV)
Additional desirable skills and experience:
- Experience in a client-facing role
- In-browser design
- Experience of NodeJs/NPM
- Experience of using task runners (e.g. Gulp or Grunt)
- Experience with Continuous Integration (e.g. Bamboo, Jenkins)
- Knowledge of agile methodologies
The Company - Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Taylor & Francis Group partners with researchers, scholarly societies, universities and libraries worldwide to bring knowledge to life. As one of the world’s leading publishers of scholarly journals, books, ebooks and reference works our content spans all areas of Humanities, Social Sciences, Behavioural Sciences, Science and Technology.
From our network of offices in Oxfordshire, New York, Philadelphia, Boca Raton, Melbourne, Singapore, Beijing, Tokyo, Malaysia, Stockholm, New Delhi and Johannesburg, Taylor & Francis staff provide local expertise and support to our editors, societies and authors and tailored, efficient customer service to our library colleagues.
This position is based at our office in Milton Park, Oxfordshire.
In return we offer: 25 days holiday per annum, a comprehensive benefits package and company pension scheme.
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Freelance Graphic Designer
Closing 11 October 2017
- Profiles Creative
- £200 to 210 /day
Closing 22 September 2017
- Preferred Choice Limited
- £40,000 to 45,000 p/a
Want more Web Design Manager - Taylor & Francis jobs?
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.