Web Content Editor
Purpose of role:
- To manage the council's website content (internet, intranet and others), as well as functionality and associated applications in line with the best practice, relevant legislation and the council's agreed content strategy.
- Ensure that adequate procedures, standards, tools and resources are in place for quality control of material developed by content authors across the council to ensure that content has a strong customer focus.
- To make recommendations on how the council's websites can deliver tangible outcomes in support of the council's overall aims, priorities, services and corporate values.
- Manage, maintain, edit and write, update high quality web content that is accurate, creative, uses plain English and follows guidelines set out in the agreed content management strategy.
- Take a lead role in overseeing a forward plan to update web content and ensure a Programme of regular reviews are undertaken to ensure accuracy, useability and usefulness.
- To be the council's web content management expert, providing advice and direction to the council's web content authors and others on best practice and guidelines set out in the content management strategy.
- To develop, set and monitor via the CMS appropriate parameters and permissions for web content authors in a devolved content management and publishing model and ensure appropriate quality control.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills and demonstrable ability to write and edit web content.
- Able to use professional expertise to aid the development of colleagues' skills and understanding of effective web content management approaches
- Significant experience of online publishing including expert knowledge of a variety of software applications relevant to web management and electronic publishing.
- Significant experience of working in a similar role either in the public or private sector with clear demonstrable success delivering communications through online channels.
- Direct experience of working with minimum supervision and of managing projects to meet deadlines.
- Experience of commissioning work and managing budgets
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Executive Digital Editor - FTC
Closing 2 April 2023
- perm, freelance, temp to perm
Senior Assistant Editor
Closing 3 April 2023
- RELX Group
- London, Oxford
- perm, remote
Senior Social Editor - Instagram and TikTok
Closing 5 April 2023
- LADbible Group
- London, Manchester, Hybrid Remote
- perm, remote
Want more Web Content Editor jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Features Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Managing Editor (Publishing) jobs, Publishing Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.