Web Content Editor
Provide support to the New Media Digital Teams to:
1) Maintain content on newham.gov.uk as requested by services areas.
2) Develop new content working in conjunction with Service areas.
3) Develop new site functionality in conjunction with the Digital Team.
4) Provide assistance and training to upskill permanent members of Newham workforce.
- Develop content on the council's new WebsiteCMS.
- Ensure content is up-to-date and current, and any third party content is in-line with the council's corporate standards.
- Review the performance of content using analytics tools to report back to project team and make changes where necessary.
- Assist in the implementation of the council's brand across the new website.
- To produce factual, accurate and engaging written copy, using plain English and following the council's style guide.
- Ensure consistency and effectiveness of presentation across all pages.
- Produce content in a style suitable for web that complies with web accessibility best practice.
- Make certain all approved copy is proofread by another team member.
- Liaise with other areas of the Communications Team and wider council.
- Work with council services (marketing officers, content owners) to identify and organise information into concise, well written web content.
- Co-ordinate digital communications to ensure they are consistent with campaigns commissioned by the wider Communications Team.
- Develop new content functionality and features as defined in the team backlog.
- Knowledge of content management systems, ideally Jadu CMS and SharePoint.
- An understanding of legal issues, such as copyright, privacy and website accessibility.
- An understanding of online writing procedures, such as house style, content structure and Search Engine Optimisation.
- Knowledge of HTML, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat and website analytic tools.
- Knowledge of social media platforms.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- An understanding of local government.
- Experience as a web writer with proven SEO insight.
- A demonstrable track record or suitable understanding of websites and content in Local Government.
- Experience of using content management systems. Desirable experience of using SharePoint 2010.
- Experience of proof-reading and quality checking own work.
- Detailed knowledge of current web presentation techniques and tools.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Closing 26 September 2020
- Charlotte Tilbury
Head of Social Media, News & Content
Closing 16 August 2020
- Cancer Research UK
- perm, remote, temp to perm
- £20,000 to 30,000 per annum
Want more Web Content Editor jobs?
Want to find more Content Author jobs, Content Executive jobs, Content Manager jobs, Digital Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs, Managing Editor (Publishing) jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.