Visual Storytelling Designer for The Telegraph
The Telegraph are looking for a creative web-savvy designer to help create innovative, visual online journalism.
You’ll bring journalistic and creative concepts to life on a daily basis, with flawless UX and UI, and work on stories outside of our traditional article template (such as scrollers, long reads, interactives) that are viewed by millions of people. You’ll see design as more than just appearances, and be driven to make something that truly enhances our digital storytelling.
You’ll be joining a multi-disciplinary team of designers, developers and journalists, where experimentation and learning is a core part of the role, at an exciting time in the publishing industry.
What you'll do:
- Design new ways for The Telegraph to tell stories across a range of subject areas and platforms, using new technologies. You’ll be ambitious in your thinking and brave in your designs, whilst being able to create something that’s a pleasure to read and view.
- Create new article types, interactive tools, embeds, designs, animations and more, to bring our journalism to life. You’ll be keen to learn and experiment to find the best possible outcome.
- Work on a range of projects, from the big to the small, the experimental to the practical, across The Telegraph’s editorial subject areas. You’ll be comfortable juggling a few things at once, and always eager to try something new.
- Work as part of a team, collaborating with other designers, developers and journalists to come up with the best possible solution. You’ll be comfortable working as part of a group, as well as alone, and able to articulate the rationale behind your design decisions to others.
- Driven to continuously improve your designs, working with our in-house user research and data teams to gain a deeper understanding of how your designs are working
- Proactively suggest design solutions for content of interest to The Telegraph audience - everything from Bitcoin to Brexit, Politics to Instagram Mums.
- BA in a design related degree with a portfolio of your studies
- Experience in UI/UX, web & mobile design with a professional portfolio to show us
- Highly competent in graphic design and prototyping softwares (e.g. Illustrator, Sketch, Photoshop)
- A keen awareness of news and current affairs, with an in-depth understanding of the online journalism landscape.
- Experience working alongside front-end developers with a knowledge of basic coding languages
- Previous exposure to working on newsroom publishing and storytelling products
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work collaboratively - but also full of ideas and able to inspire a brief.
What you can expect from us if successful:
- The Telegraph supports flexible working, per your line manager’s agreement.
- A range of excellent benefits (including on-site gym, massages, and more).
- In-role development and access to formal development.
*On applying please upload your portfolio or a link to your portfolio along with your CV in one document.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
Graduate / Junior / Change of Career - Erasmus+ Placements in Seville, Marseille or Prague
Closing 29 November 2018
start January 2019
- Capacity London
- temp, part time
- €120 /week
Lead Product Designer for The Telegraph
Closing 21 November 2018
- The Telegraph
- Competitive plus excellent Benefits
Want more Visual Storytelling Designer jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Email Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, Multimedia Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Editorial Designer jobs, Print Designer jobs, Publishing Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.