Title: Visual Designer.
Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities:
Who We Are:
Today’s operating environment demands a stack that’s responsive to the innovative enterprise – one that can leverage all data types & access the latest technologies. By 2020, businesses will commit at least 50% of IT spend on cloud. Businesses are prioritizing the secure connection and extension mission-critical apps, and IBM Hybrid Cloud is a leader in providing these solutions. Here’s a chance to become a part of the IBM Cloud Design team – a well-established user interface design team designing integrated cloud services for IBM's premier cloud platform, Bluemix, as well as other Fortune 500, on-premise, and enterprise software offerings.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Visual Designer to join our team. Designers in this role will create irresistible user interfaces for strategic product and service offerings within our portfolio. He or she will work with and enhance our brand design language to produce iconic user experiences. Our designed outcomes will be used across the world by hundreds of thousands to build, deploy, and manage apps for use by millions of IBM clients. The visual designer will use their experience in designing visual communication, layout, typography, color, etc. to elicit emotional connections and intuitive, intelligent responses from our audience.
Who You Are:
The successful candidate will be a hands on expert in visual design, capable of working with User Experience designers, Design Researchers and Developers to ensure the visual look-and-feel enhances the overall user experience of our products. Pixel perfect precision and demonstrated skills in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and other design software are a must. You possess.
- Excellent creative, conceptual, and problem solving skills.
- Communication skills and an ability to drill down to a customer's requirements.
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team and handle multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Outstanding storytelling and presentation skills.
- Strong strategic skills in assessing business and user scenarios, approaches and deliverables.
- Deep understanding of objective visual design decisions.
- Knowledge of industry standard design tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in typography, color theory, page layout, and iconography.
- Work hands-on, creating interface and visual design solutions from concept to final code.
- Provide visual feedback and guidance to other designers as necessary on visual design execution as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Team with user experience designers, design researchers and developers to ensure visual design enhances the overall user experience.
- Contribute to storyboards & task flows designs, effectively communicating visual intentions to the design team and sponsor users.
- Work with Design Researchers to understand stakeholders, users and the markets in which they operate.
- Deliver pixel perfect hi-fidelity designs to enable front end development to deliver prototypes to engineering.
- Collaborate on user experience planning with the team’s UX lead.
- Consult with architects, product leads and key stakeholders.
- Participate in user research activities.
- Promote a user first approach to the stated problem.
- Possess a fundamental awareness of enterprise, technology, developer, and design trends.
- Evangelize the importance of design research as part of IBM Design Thinking and educate product teams that are new to design research methods in order to help them.
- integrate real users into their design lifecycle.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise:
Bachelor’s degree and experience in visual, interactive, or UX design.
More than 1 years of visual design for SaaS enterprise applications.
You possess a portfolio of work that demonstrates skills/ability-website link is perfect..
Demonstrated foundation in industry standard design processes, methods, and tools.
Demonstrated innovative vision supported by a disciplined attention to detail.
Proficient in HTML and CSS.
An understanding of guidelines and standards of web design.
An understanding of interface and user experience design best practices for all screen sizes and devices.
Comfortable working in a dynamic, team based environment.
Familiarity with design and technology trends.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise:
- Exposure to Motion Graphics.
- Demonstrated experience with Collaboration across Creative Design teams.
- Demonstrated Design Thinking experience.
About Business Unit:
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM:
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Lead Product Designer, Growth
Closing 15 June 2019
- San Francisco
- $20,000 to 30,000 p/a
Senior Project Manager (VMS)
Closing 15 June 2019
- Reckitt Benckiser
- $20,000 to 30,000 p/a
Want more Visual Designer jobs?
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.