Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
The IBM Cognitive Applications team is seeking innovative and enthusiastic software engineering and design professionals to join our team building the next generation multicloud marketplace platform. If you love working with cutting edge technologies, dynamic and high performing teams, then this is the right next step in advancing your career. You will be challenged to design and develop cloud applications and services leveraging a wide variety of open source, machine learning, and commercial technologies aimed at dramatically expanding the reach of the IBM Cloud to millions of enterprise developers. Our focus on delivering performance and predictability for our customers' most demanding workloads, at global scale and with leadership, efficiency, resiliency and security is the cornerstone of our development model and will result in maintaining IBM’s leadership position for years to come.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Visual Designer to join our team. Designers in this role will create irresistible user interfaces for strategic product and service offerings within our portfolio. He or she will work with and enhance our brand design language to produce iconic user experiences. Our designed outcomes will be used across the world by hundreds of thousands to build, deploy, and manage apps for use by millions of IBM clients. The visual designer will use their experience in designing visual communication, layout, typography, color, etc. to elicit emotional connections and intuitive, intelligent responses from our audience.
Who You Are:
- The successful candidate will be hands on in visual design, capable of working with User Experience designers, Design Researchers and Developers to ensure the visual look-and-feel enhances the overall user experience of our products. Pixel perfect precision and demonstrated skills in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and other design software are a must. You possess….Excellent creative, conceptual, and problem solving skills.
- Communication skills and an ability to drill down to a customer's requirements.
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team and handle multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Outstanding storytelling and presentation skills.
- Strong strategic skills in assessing business and user scenarios, approaches and deliverables.
- Deep understanding of objective visual design decisions.
- Knowledge of industry standard design tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in typography, color theory, page layout, and iconography.
- Work hands-on, creating interface and visual design solutions from concept to final code.
- Provide visual feedback and guidance to other designers as necessary on visual design execution as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Team with user experience designers, design researchers and developers to ensure visual design enhances the overall user experience.
- Contribute to storyboards & task flows designs, effectively communicating visual intentions to the design team and sponsor users
- Work with Design Researchers to understand stakeholders, users and the markets in which they operate.
- Deliver pixel perfect hi-fidelity designs to enable front end development to deliver prototypes to engineering.
- Collaborate on user experience planning with the team’s UX lead.
- Consult with architects, product leads and key stakeholders.
- Participate in user research activities.
- Promote a user first approach to the stated problem.
- Possess a fundamental awareness of enterprise, technology, developer, and design trends.
- Evangelize the importance of design research as part of IBM Design Thinking and educate product teams that are new to design research methods in order to help them.
- Integrate real users into their design lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in visual, interactive, or UX design.
- More than 2 years of visual design for SaaS enterprise applications.
- You possess a portfolio of work that demonstrates skills/ability - website link is perfect.
- Demonstrated foundation in industry standard design processes, methods, and tools.
- Demonstrated innovative vision supported by a disciplined attention to detail.
- Proficient in HTML and CSS.
- An understanding of guidelines and standards of web design.
- An understanding of interface and user experience design best practices for all screen sizes and devices.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, team based environment.
- Familiarity with design and technology trends.
- Exposure to Motion Graphics.
- Demonstrated experience with Collaboration across Creative Design teams.
- Demonstrated Design Thinking experience.
At IBM Cognitive Applications, we build open applications that unlock the power of data for clients, partners, and developers. Running on top of IBM's unique Hybrid, Multicloud and AI infrastructures, these applications work across horizontal domains and bring our technology to life for end users. Cognitive Applications unit includes: Watson Customer Engagement, Watson IoT, Watson Media and Weather, Talent & Collaboration, and IBM Developer teams
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Master's Degree.
Sr Graphic Designer- Packaging
Closing 16 November 2019
- Estee Lauder
Senior Designer, Motion Graphics, Estée Lauder
Closing 16 November 2019
- Estee Lauder
- New York
Want more Visual Designer jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Visualiser - 3D jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Special Effects Supervisor jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.