Are you ready to apply your creative design skills to make a positive, measurable difference in people's lives? Do you believe in the power of education?
InsideTrack, widely recognized as one of the most innovative and mission-driven organizations in postsecondary student success, is looking for a talented Visual Designer to join our marketing team.
InsideTrack is a nonprofit organization that’s passionate about helping all learners achieve their education and career goals through the transformative power of coaching. Since 2001, we’ve served more than 2.6 million students, partnering with over 250 institutions and organizations to directly improve enrollment, persistence, completion and career readiness.
Our growing organization offers a culture that promotes diversity and inclusion, job fulfillment, personal growth, and work-life balance. Join us in our mission to expand our impact as we improve lives and create social change.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- A passion for InsideTrack’s mission and belief in the impact of coaching.
- Strong design skills and a passion for marketing and creativity.
- A love for content creation in a highly collaborative setting.
- Alignment with InsideTrack values of potential, connection, integrity, sustainable impact, and equity.
Overview of the Position:
The Visual Designer is a key member of the in-house creative team at InsideTrack, responsible for managing all phases of the visual design process from strategy to execution to ensure the best presentation of our brand in all formats. Designs and develops marketing, sales, client services and corporate materials for primarily digital use.
What does this job entail?
- Conceptualization and implementation of visual design solutions from concept to completion.
- Develops high-quality, engaging visuals through expert knowledge and application of graphics, layout, and typography concepts for many formats - including but not limited to print, digital advertising, web, email, social, video, and events.
- Acts as a visual brand steward, ensuring that all market-facing communications have a clear, consistent brand identity. Support the development of branded templates and help maintain brand standards.
- Varied in-house projects would include determining page layout and design for print/digital product data sheets, reports and other marketing collateral; creating graphics, icons, and other visual treatments for pitch decks and other keynote slide presentations; and evolving designs for communications across all digital formats to ensure content is impactful and persuasive.
- Strong collaboration with multiple stakeholders: creative teammates, marketing managers, and internal clients, as well as other stakeholders to develop and produce dynamic communications.
- Oversee the work of external contractors, as needed.
What are the qualifications for our role?
- Undergraduate degree or credential in Graphic Design or related field preferred, or equivalent professional experience; portfolio samples required for consideration.
- Minimum 5 years of professional design experience in an agency or in-house studio or previous professional designer experience.
- High level of proficiency in design, web and multimedia software including Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), and working knowledge of After Effects work flows, Google Suite Apps and Acrobat.
- Experience designing presentations in Google Slides is a plus, or proficiency in PowerPoint will transfer.
- Understanding of CSS and html, user interface design, and user experience flow (don't need to know how to write code just need working knowledge of the concept).
- Experience designing responsive email marketing communications and responsive web content.
- Basic proficiency with WordPress and HubSpot (or similar email marketing software) is a plus.
- Have knowledge of printing procedures, photography, and illustration.
- Experience with infographics and data visualization is a plus.
- Experience designing for multimedia or animation is a plus.
- Flexibility and adaptability; able to problem-solve and handle pressure well in a deadline-driven environment; effectively cope with change and multitasking and to switch direction rapidly as priorities change.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance quick paced projects and competing deadlines, while staying on budget.
- Collaborative nature; proven to fit well in a team environment with the ability to maintain positive, productive working relationships.
- Ability to work on a fully remote, fast paced team.
- Ability to contribute strategically in developing creative solutions.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects--able to identify primary and secondary objectives, prioritize time and communicate timelines to team members.
- Ability to take creative direction and work independently and proactively.
- A desire to use design skills to help us communicate our equity values and achieve our social impact mission.
If you would like to learn more about the 20-year history of InsideTrack, as well as review videos of our coaching in action, please check out our InsideTrack Impact Report.
Diversity in Recruiting:
As part of InsideTrack’s ongoing commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and in recognition of the many ways that individuals may be negatively impacted by systemic oppression, for example negative stereotypes and biases that discourage minoritized people from applying to leadership positions -- including Black, Indigenous, and other people of color, people from working class backgrounds, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ people, we believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Designer, Digital Campaign
Closing 14 March 2022
- Critical Mass
- perm, from remote
Closing 13 March 2022
- Just Global
- Austin (Remote)
- perm, from remote
UX / Art Director
Closing 12 March 2022
- perm, from remote
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.