- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary UX and/or product teams (motion, interaction, UX research, engineering, UX writer) on technical implementation
- Experience implementing visual design systems across a range of platforms in an iterative software development environment.
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch).
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile, Android and iOS.
- Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
About the job:
At Google, Visual Designers weave iconography, typography, color, space and texture together to help our users successfully navigate our products. We believe that all of our products should be beautiful and accessible. As a Visual Designer, you’ll delight users with designs that inspire, engage and excite them. You’ll rely on user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals—from concept to execution—across many platforms. Like all of our UX jobs, you’ll collaborate with your fellow designers to constantly refine the Google design language and create innovative, great-looking products that people love to use.
We follow a simple but vital premise in the UX group: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." We're interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their behaviors, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create. The UX team plays an integral part in gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, content strategists and web developers who collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create innovative, usable, great-looking products that people love to use.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Design one or more of Google's consumer facing products.
- Create a look consistent with all of Google while pleasing our users.
- Communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team and present ideas and designs effectively.
- Present the user interface visually so information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find.
- Market and promote products and features so users understand what they're getting and what the benefits are.
Packaging Designer, Beauty
Closing 15 August 2019
- Victorias Secret
- New York
Closing 16 August 2019
- Smith & Nephew
Want more Visual Designer jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Special Effects Supervisor jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.