Our Designers are makers and storytellers who use design to bring ideas to life. Taking the fundamentals of great design into the social content space, our Designer (in partnership with our Community Manager/Copywriter) is an integral part of creating the visual tone and identity through a social content lens, approaching each project with a savvy and innovative mindset.
They’re fluent in concept and collaborating, and have mastered the art of brand visual design for various social platforms.
They extend visual language, always mindful of how it looks and how it works.
They’re comfortable presenting layouts and concepts to clients and their ideas are fresh, strategic, and always on-brand.
They are skilled in all aspects of the design process, including the translation and application of all brand guidelines and operating principles. In all, this is a maker position, geared towards someone who is both self-sufficient and a team player, and can fully own the creative process from concept to creation to completion.
On any given day you might:
- Manage the quality and execution of assets, typography, logos, icons, and interfaces for multiple social platforms.
- Manage the quality of design throughout all phases of a project.
- Manage the quality of social design deliverables, ensuring they meet R/GA standards and client brand guidelines.
- Concept and collaborate with creative and social teams, including connections, social strategists and analysts.
- Collaborate directly with Copywriters, Strategists and more daily to align on creative concepts and deliverables.
- Design compelling social layouts that support social messaging.
- Work with Senior Project Manager and Strategists to ensure creative concepts and design are on brand and strategically sound.
- Collaborate with the Senior Project Manager to ensure design deliverables are delivered on deadline.
- Identify potential brand partnerships and collaborations that fit with the brand’s visual style and personality, and work closely with the creative team to expand on these opportunities.
- Connect with the Global creative team in New York to align on global tentpole social moments (eg. Olympics), present ideas and receive feedback.
- Keeps an eye on key social channels (Twitter and Instagram) to spot relevant trends and individual posts the brand might engage with, and develop ideas for what those responses might look like.
The Ideal Person:
- Has a natural DIY ethos: what you can concept, you can also create.
- Has an intrinsic interest in and knowledge of all things social, from culture to trends to platforms.
- Understands and enjoys creating work that resonates with communities both local and abroad.
- Has a proven ability to produce cutting edge creative work, and a passion for and understanding of design, including typography and layout.
- Embraces challenges and new methods of thinking.
- Has experience in creating visual designs for websites, social platforms and mobile applications.
- Is a strong listener and observer of local trends IRL and online, and can translate those themes into brand design
- Has experience with social media marketing and integrated communications.
- Strong collaborator with creative, media, and comms planning teams to build social content.
- Builds strong relationships with clients and team members, while deepening their overall knowledge of social marketing.
- Has an unwavering desire to drive innovation at R/GA and for our client with regards to design, social content, and media.
- 5+ years designing for social/digital at an integrated, creative and/or media agency, brand, or studio.
- Experience identifying cultural trends and driving design-led ideas for social platforms.
- Deep understanding of all social media platforms and their design capabilities.
- An inclusive, modern view of local and global culture and how it translates to social content and creative.
Lead Designer (maternity cover)
Closing 18 March 2021
Closing 24 March 2021
- SVC Labs Ltd
- ££25,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.