Visual Designer Summer Internship
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information or ancestry, protected Veteran or military status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Nokia is the global leader in software solutions for the communications industry. We revolutionize the future by delivering the next generation of IoT, 5G, and cloud technologies. Our user-focused products are used by billions of people daily. We are excited about bringing on team members who love to think out-of-the-box to bring cutting-edge technology to market.
We are hiring an exceptional design intern who can bring their knowledge of visual and graphic design to create the “next big thing” in tech. Our spring program has flexible hours with competitive pay.
- thrive in a fast-pasted, highly collaborative environment.
- are a creative, visual thinker across mediums.
- get excited about the design process, from ideation to delivery.
- have trained eye for aesthetics and attention to detail.
- are a talented communicator who advocates for your users.
- are a quick learner who is dedicated to producing quality work.
- positive and self-motivated with a passion for cultivating a culture of design within a tech company.
- are comfortable with ambiguity and taking risks.
At Nokia, you will:
- collaborate across teams to develop designs for digital platforms.
- bring your knowledge of visual design elements and best practices to the table in communicating with developers and business teams.
- produce high-quality visuals, interfaces, illustrations, animations, and data visualizations.
- produce wireframes, mockups, and click-through prototypes -- ranging from low-fidelity to high-fidelity -- for unique product concepts.
- Create a wide variety of visual assets, including: 2D design, infographics, animated motion graphics, and executive-level PowerPoint presentations.
- Strong understanding of color theory, typography etc..
- experience designing mobile and web applications.
- comfortable with design software like Figma, Sketch, InVision, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- enrolled in a BFA/BA/BS or equivalent four-year degree program in visual design, graphic design, or similar.
- a strong visual portfolio that demonstrates exceptional ability in thought process and quality of craft.
- experience designing solutions for IoT, software, bots, AR/VR, ML/AI, and other cutting-edge technologies.
- understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3.
- experience with design thinking and human-centered design.
- a knack for thinking about futuristic/speculative design solutions.
- competitive hourly pay.
- a MacBook Pro provided.
- paid holidays.
- flexible scheduling.
- fully stocked break room with snacks, drinks and games.
- unlimited access to onsite gym, volleyball court, and basketball court.
- team-building events and outings.
- working in a diverse, open and fun culture.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Closing 27 June 2020
- San Francisco
Closing 25 July 2020
- Figurama Collectors
- perm, from remote
Want more Visual Designer Summer Internship jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Visualiser - 3D jobs, Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Animator jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Visualiser - Digital jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.