Visual Design Manager
Samsung’s New Product Planning team (NPP) at Samsung Electronics America is an inventive research and development studio that designs and implements user experience for high-profile, consumer electronics product lines, from core Samsung TV shipping products like Q Series, to the future of Business, Home & Lifestyles family of digital appliances and services. The products and services we design offer users benefits that are only made possible through tightly integrated technologies at a global scale worldwide.
As Senior Visual Design Lead you will manage, mentor and direct the visual design team, as well as, engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary team to conceive and support design work for innovative consumer products. Day to day tasks will include leading new visual design explorations, creating visual design mockups, creating mood boards, and working with interaction and visual designers to understand requirements. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
Role and Responsibilities:
· Strong command of visual and communication design principles.
· Ability to guide, lead, mentor, direct and advise the visual design team.
· Demonstrated mastery of all applicable design software (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Principle etc).
· Passionate about graphic design, typography, photography, motion and illustration.
· Strong understanding and passion for technology and how it’s applied in consumers lives.
· Clear and concise communicator displaying strong organization, teamwork and leadership skills.
· Conceptual thinker who is strategically-centered.
· Authors, shares and merchandises ideas in a cogent and inspiring manner.
· A keen ability to package and present solutions to the wider creative/management team-quickly and beautifully
· Delivers highly-resolved work at the intersection of technology, culture and design.
· Supervise and lead the visual design team to produce excellent visual design work from initial concept through execution.
· Mentor designers to produce enviable work at every stage of their careers.
· Use your seat at the management table to advocate for design strategies that touch all projects within the department.
· Has an online portfolio revealing thought process and an ability to rapidly generate creative ideas, with samples of original graphic or visual design work.
· Excellent creative and innovative skills.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Knowledge of interactive design including best practices for TV, mobile, voice, etc..
· Ability to use strong analytical and artistic approach to solve complex design problems.
· Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize different tasks.
The candidate should be a cultural fit within the organization. The following characteristics define a candidate that will succeed in our culture and for this position.
· Leadership/Vision: a pro-active, take charge leader with proven strategic vision; can manage, motivate, challenge, empower and delegate to others while leading by example; gains the trust of other parties quickly. Possesses the wisdom and confidence to take educated risks. Has ability to see both the bigger picture and interdependent parts but not be afraid of getting involved in the detail when necessary. Is sought out by others for strategic advice and counsel.
· Curiosity: Has a naturally curious mind, loves to explore and nurture intellect; knows how to observe and identify patterns that identify trends and key insights early; knows how to ask the right questions (relevant) and quantity of questions necessary to uncover key information that can be made actionable. Probably, an avid observer and follower of popular culture and societal trends.
· Creativity: An innovative and resourceful person who thinks and acts “outside-of-the-box.” This individual possesses a left brain/right brain mindset. Recreationally they are likely to most enjoy nurturing their creative passions and hobbies across multiple categories, such as film, games, music, art, design, fashion, comics, literature, and news. Endeavours that push/challenge their perceptions and physical limitations.
· Technology Forward: Has a passion for technology, tinkering under the hood, and enjoys being a sought-after authority and the resource that others turn to for emerging media and technology.
· Social Responsibility: Empathy and concern for team members, life work balance, Samsung corporate community / culture, and corporate global responsibility.
· Communication: Excellent oral and written communication skills; a great presenter, an active listener with consultative capabilities; skillful communicator in tough situations where striking a balance between being direct/forceful and diplomacy is necessary.
· Open Minded: Approach to listening and problem solving is inclusive and open minded.
· Action Oriented: Self-motivated and self-starting individual who can take limited direction and produce tangible results. Capacity for learning on one’s own, whether it’s software tools or languages.
· Service Orientation: Recognizes the importance of providing outstanding service and support to both internal teams, agency partner teams and externally to partners.
· Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner based on analysis, sound judgment and wisdom.
· Team Oriented: Works well in collaborative team environments and matrix reporting Structures.
· Willingness and Passion for Travel: Candidate may travel regularly for project and inter-organizational meetings. Frequent travel within Korea and to/from the U.S. and other regions may be necessary, depending on project needs.
Required Experience or Education:
· More than ten years experience in UI visual design or related field.
· Two plus years managing a design team.
· Bachelors or Masters in Graphic Design, Visual Design, User Interface Design, Architecture Design, Video Game Design or an equivalent design degree.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Has a wide range of experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
• Works on complex issues where analyzing situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variables. Exercises judgement in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria to obtain results. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and coordinates other's tasks.
• May manage a group such as coordinating activities regarding costs, methods and staffing.
• Typically requires at least 8 years of related experience and a Bachelor's degree; or 6 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 3 years.
Senior Marketing Manager
Closing 20 June 2019
- $20,000 to 30,000 p/a
Senior Marketing Manager
Closing 20 June 2019
- $20,000 to 30,000 p/a
Want more Visual Design Manager jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Typographer jobs, Visualiser - 3D jobs, Visualiser - Design/Advertising jobs, Architectural Designer jobs, Visualiser - Architecture jobs, Visualiser - Interiors jobs, Digital Illustrator jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Visualiser - Digital jobs, Visual Merchandiser jobs, Games Designer jobs, Illustrator jobs, Graphic Designer - Production jobs, Motion Control jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.