Visual Design Lead
The Airbnb Experiences team is growing, and we’re looking for a Visual Design Lead to help shape and define the design language of our product.
Founded in 2008, Airbnb is a global travel community that offers magical end-to-end trips, including where you stay, what you do and the people you meet. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace offers access to millions of places to stay in more than 191 countries, from apartments and villas to castles, treehouses and B&Bs. With Experiences, people can see a different side to a destination through unique, handcrafted activities run by locals. All of this is brought together in one easy-to-use and beautifully designed website and app.
Airbnb Experiences are one-of-a-kind activities designed and led by inspiring locals. They go beyond the typical tour or class, immersing guests in each host’s unique world. In 2019, Airbnb Experiences is going deep into special communities with dedicated teams to build out “categories” of experiences, like concerts, surfing, social impact, adventures—even animals. We are defining our Airbnb Experiences brand, and our visual identity is key to our future.
The Visual Design Lead will shape our identity and will think about the big picture while excelling at craft at the micro details of our app and website.
- Generate clear ideas, concepts and designs of any form of creative assets from beginning to end.
- Manage the execution of typography, icons, logos, assets and interfaces for multiple platforms.
- Manage the quality of design through all phases of the process and the live product.
- Define, codify and establish the standards for high quality visual design on the product.
- Leverage creative assets to think of innovative ways to stretch and extend our design language system.
- Collaborate with marketing, creative and product designers to ensure a consistent and cohesive brand expression.
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, researchers, data scientist partners to create transformative visuals and easy to use and emotionally engaging interfaces.
- Grasp how effective visual communication — from font pairings to style tiles — helps translate compelling ideas across any team, in any field.
- Provide leadership and mentorship for a team of Experience Designers and Creative professionals through the interaction and visual design of products and services from end-to-end, globally and across all platforms
- Staying in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, trends in visual design field.
- 10+ years of experience with end-to-end visual design background.
- Excellent visual and interaction skills —a master in their field.
- Systems-thinker with the ability to think beyond the pixels and design for offline experiences.
- Experience with marketing and making complex services easily digestible for your audience.
- Defines the design process and can lead others through it. Can accurately scope their work as well as their teammate's. Responsible for the work of other designers on their project. Can effortlessly motivate and drive small to medium teams to transform a product.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to help a team navigate ambiguity, set vision and strategy for global products.
Senior Designer, Dockers Textile CAD & Graphics
Closing 12 October 2019
- San Francisco
Senior Graphic Designer, Levi's Apparel, Women's
Closing 12 October 2019
- San Francisco
Want more Visual Design Lead jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Visualiser - 3D jobs, Visualiser - Interiors jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Special Effects Supervisor jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.