Vision Mixer / Livestream Producer
Informa Connect, part of the FTSE100 Informa Group, is a global live events and digital content specialist connecting professionals with knowledge, ideas and opportunities. Informa Connect run around 800 events each year in over 60 countries, create digital platforms based on engaging news and information content, and operate professional development programmes for individuals and businesses in Global Finance, Life Sciences and Pharma and in a number of other specialist markets.
Informa Connect is now recruiting for a talented Vision Mixer/Livestream Producer to join their Central London team. This is an exciting opportunity to work in-house, and join an established event delivery and content team, to shape, drive and deliver an industry-leading virtual hybrid and live event programme globally.
As a Vision Mixer/Livestream Producer, you report directly to the Senior Livestream Producer.
The role is based in Central London with an international coverage of all events within the Informa Connect events portfolio. The role will see you as an integral part of the production team and you will fulfil a wide range of key tasks to support the technical delivery of live, hybrid and virtual events.
- You must have at least 1 years experience working in a livestreaming environment, preferably in the area of live events/conferences.
- You must show strong technical skills and experience in live or virtual event AV production, filming and streaming technology. Ideally with experience using a mix of broadcast cameras, Vmix, Wirecast or Streamyard.
- Excellent IT and networking knowledge with particular focus on optimisation for NDI video in broadcast and live streaming environments.
- Experience of multiple video conferencing platforms (Zoom, Teams, Webex etc) in a broadcast or streaming environment.
- Knowledge and experience of video standard methodologies (bitrate, frame size, frame rate, etc.).
- Experience in the setup and operation of online video delivery protocols (RTMP, WebRTC, UDP/TCP).
- Ensuring every component of an event has a backup option should an issue arise.
- Ability to learn quickly and operate autonomously in a fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
- Work closely with the project team to provide audio-visual support for both virtual and hybrid events.
- Experience of camera setup and operation and video editing (Premiere Pro, Final Cut X) would be an advantage.
- Manage speaker test calls & rehearsals pre-event
- Onboard speakers during live event/conference- greeting the speakers, briefing all participants, communicating with them on the call via the chat once the session has started
- Control and operate the livestream of conference sessions, including live speakers, slide presentations, transitions, lower thirds and other graphics, VTs etc.
The role has changed slightly with COVID-19. The role now involves 2 functions:
DURING COVID RESTRICTIONS:
While we continue to host virtual-only conferences, the role requires managing and working within a team to produce a livestream of virtual-only conferences. You will be expected to manage schedules, pre-event test calls and rehearsals, problem-solve technical issues, operate and control livestreams, including the management of hundreds of speakers from across the world during live events.
Once we return to physical face-to-face events and conferences, the role involves regular, extensive travel to Europe, N. America, Asia & Africa, where you will be working in a team livestreaming “hybrid” conferences - setting up and operating cameras and livestreaming hardware. You must have a willingness & ability to travel and work nights and weekends, as this role will involve extensive international & domestic travel & after-hours events.
Why work for Informa?
- Learning and Development plan to assist with your career development
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your Birthday!
- Life assurance
- Other flexible benefits include Healthcare, Cycle to Work scheme and Season Ticket Loans
- 5% Pension match
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Regular Social Events and Networking opportunities
Successful applicants will be asked for a Showreel to accompany their CV.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed.
As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Multimedia Producer - 12 Month FTC
Closing 18 July 2022
- perm, remote, temp to perm
Social Media Video Producer
Closing 8 June 2022
- WWF UK
- perm, remote, temp to perm
£32,937 per annum
Senior Associate Producer [New IP]
Closing 19 July 2022
- Newcastle upon Tyne
Want more Vision Mixer / Livestream Producer jobs?
Want to find more Events Producer jobs, Line Producer jobs, Post Production Producer jobs, Producer jobs, Vision Mixer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.