Video Game Producer
Digerati Distribution and Marketing LLC is looking for a Video Game Producer with an emphasis on managing, guiding and mentoring indie game teams to realise their visions. The right person will play a key role in assembling, managing and leading a team of high energy indie game devs; driving a schedule and priorities while allowing ample room for creative freedom; and ensuring the project stays on course, delicately balancing the developer’s vision with resource constraints and market viability.
Specific responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Passionate about indie games. Understands and appreciates the unique challenges of working with indies and how to manage, guide and mentor them so that every ounce of their vision is maximized.
- Comfortable communicating across disciplines, whether it’s discussing the pros and cons of a shader with devs or colour palettes with artists.
- Highly effective at making the most of ideas, great at making hard calls which balance creative intent with commercial viability.
- Understands the tradeoffs of date driven development versus open ended exploration, and knows when best to apply them.
- Excited about engaging with public relations, the media and external teams (QA, localization, etc) to ensure the game’s vision is understood and realised in the best possible way.
- Excellent at communicating and pitching complex and often novel game ideas to industry executives either in person or on camera.
- Enjoys attending industry conventions such as E3, GDC or PAX, meeting editors from major media outlets, and when needed being the game’s representative.
- 3-5 years of experience in Video Game Producing, with a successful track record;
- Exceptional teamwork skills;
- Exceptional communication skills, both in speech and the written word, equally comfortable whether speaking to individuals or to large groups, together with the ability to speak everyone’s language and translate between disciplines when necessary;
- Enthusiastic, well-spoken, understandable, witty (when required) and above all, confident.
- Experience working and speaking at trade show events or conventions a plus.
- Having developed your own games in the past is a big plus!
Though Digerati is based in Austin, the work can be completed remotely from home.
Please apply with your resume, as well as a cover letter with desired salary requirements.
Closing 26 May 2020
- DreamWorks Pictures
Sr. Motion Designer
Closing 26 May 2020
- Monster Energy
Want more Video Game Producer jobs?
Want to find more Digital Producer jobs, Games Designer jobs, Gaming Artist jobs, Gaming Creative Manager jobs, Gaming Design Manager jobs, Animation Producer jobs, Assistant Producer jobs, Associate Producer jobs, Development Producer jobs, Executive Producer jobs, Post Production Producer jobs, Producer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.