Marvel New Media is seeking an experienced Video Editor who will be integral in the post production of original series, daily shows, events, and promotional and branded content. The Video Editor must have extensive knowledge of the post-production environment, be comfortable working independently or on a team, and must be excited about creating content for Marvel. As a Video Editor at Marvel Entertainment, the primary objective crafting high-quality and dynamic ideas and experiences for our audience. This role will also work to ensure that every video created supports our brand voice and meets our exceptional standards. As a Video Editor at Marvel Entertainment, you must be able to manage multiple projects at various stages of production simultaneously, stay organized, be open to feedback and collaboration, and have the ability to self-prioritize. This is a full-time, NY based role reporting into the Senior Producer, New Media.
• Assemble footage into rough, fine and final cuts while maintaining professional standards.
• Add music, dialogue, graphics, visual effects and sound to increase the quality of each video.
• Receive and implement notes from producers, senior leadership, and other project stakeholders.
• Provide color correction and sound support or guidance when needed.
• Organize workload, manage priorities, meet deadlines and work well within a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
• Quality check videos and deliverables to ensure all assets meet standards, appropriate specs and are ready for upload and archive.
• Track time daily to ensure post-production schedule is maintained.
• Report any issues that might impact progress or quality.
• Mentor junior team members to help develop their post-production knowledge and skills.
• Stay up-to-date on new editing techniques, tools, as well as troubleshoot and identify technical issues as they arise.
• At least 3-5 years of prior post-production experience.
• Expert in Adobe Premiere: Editing, Sound Design, Color Correction, and more.
• A working knowledge of After Effects, Photoshop, Media Encoder, and Audition.
• Detailed technical knowledge of camera formats and video codecs.
• Ability to remain calm and professional in high-stress situations.
• A problem solver who can troubleshoot technical and editorial issues.
Bachelor's degree (TV/Film/Journalism or related field) or equivalent work experience.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Partnerships, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Partnerships, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Intern - UX Content Designer & Copy Writer
Closing 21 March 2020
Closing 21 March 2020
- NBCUniversal International
Want more Video Editor jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Assistant jobs, Production Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Video Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.