We are looking for a talented video editor to assemble recorded footage into a a finished project that matches our vision and is suitable for broadcasting. Ultimately, as a video editor, you should be able to bring sight and sound together in order to tell a cohesive story.
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience.
- Take a brief to grasp our team’s needs and specifications.
- Review and create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity.
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film.
- Input music, graphics and effects.
- Create rough and final cuts.
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running.
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process.
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and the industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Proven work experience as a video editor.
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut).
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio.
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity.
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing.
- Creative mind and storytelling skills.
Want more Video Editor jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Avid Editor jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Video Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.