We’re looking for a Video Editor who has demonstrable experience in creating short form content for social media platforms, especially Instagram and TikTok.
You’ll work in the Video team and collaborate with Social Media Editors to create new series, formats and unique editing styles that make Dazed’s videos on fashion, culture and music stand out.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Create new video series and formats with a focus on short form storytelling that is made for social media platforms.
- Develop a unique editing style that reflects Dazed’s voice and tone to make our content stand out on TikTok and Instagram.
- Edit some longer content, including interviews with print cover stars, lead fashion stories and live events hosted by Dazed.
- Produce exciting cutdowns from longer content to use on social media.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Video team, the Social Media team and the Digital team more broadly to bring video ideas to life.
- Be across post-production workflows (from receiving raw files to publishing final videos) and ensure your projects run on time.
- Understand new digital and creative trends to take our video content to the next level.
Desired skills & experience:
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro CC and have basic understanding of After Effects (or other graphics software).
- Strong interest in fashion and culture – including pop culture, internet culture and digital journalism.
- Excellent understanding of how video content travels on social media platforms.
- Proven experience of creating Instagram and TikTok video for a major media or publishing brand.
- Able to multitask, work to tight deadlines and manage feedback from multiple people.
- Willing to explore new ways of working and experiment with new ideas.
- Bonus: a knack for being on set and operating cameras.
These duties and responsibilities are indicative and not exhaustive but serve to give a realistic overview of the role and requirements. The company reserves the right to change this role description in response to the changing needs of the business.
At Dazed Media we promote a working environment in which diversity is recognised, valued and encouraged. We acknowledge the multicultural and diverse nature of the UK workforce and society in general. We are committed to principles of fairness and mutual respect. We particularly welcome applicants from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector.
What we offer....
- 20 days holiday each year as standard + bank holidays & 3 days over Christmas additional to this
- Flexible working policy
- Your birthday off
- Extra days annual leave for each year of service - up to 5
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced family leave benefits
- Personal development scheme
- Company discounts including gyms, popular retailers & hotels
- Company paid subscription to Medicash - contributing and sometimes covering costs of health & wellbeing services
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ongoing social events throughout the year and frequent invites to external Dazed events
- A newly refurbished office in an incredible location with exhibitions, bars and restaurants on site
- 1 volunteer day each year
- Moving days for moving home
- A chance to join our internal Diversity & Inclusion Committee to driveand be part of change within the business
Other jobs you may be interested in
Editor, T Brand International
Closing 20 July 2022
- The New York Times
Senior Motion Designer, Apple Music
Closing 17 July 2022
Closing 16 July 2022
- Frontier Developments plc
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.