Video Editor – Top Gear & Factual Entertainment Brands
The Video Editor will develop and deliver digital content, ensuring that it achieves the highest creative and editorial standards, delivers on time and on budget, with adherence to BBC guidelines.
The role is focused on short-form video production for BBC Studios’ Factual Entertainment brands including, but not limited to Top Gear, Strictly Come Dancing, BBC Food, and more. A primary focus of this role will be managing the supply and publishing of digital video content to branded channels (including YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Tik Tok and Web).
The role will also help execute genre campaigns for BBC Studios brands.
- Provide in-house editing for digital programme clips, compilations and promo reels.
- Produce distinctive video content for a variety of digital platforms using specialist production skills.
- Develop and pitch ideas for multi-platform video content.
- Ensure content reflects our diverse audiences and emerging industry trends.
- Archive rights checking and channel management of video assets, along with administration of metadata, annotations and usage policies.
- Monitor performance of content assets, deriving insights from the data available to optimise and improve future asset creation.
- Work effectively with other departments, suppliers & partners (internal & external) ensuring the BBC maintains excellent relationships throughout.
- Seek improvements in content production to develop efficiencies in working practices.
- Work within BBC compliance policies, including Editorial guidelines, referring on matters of potential controversy.
- Work with brand, creative and production teams on delivery and execution
Are you the right candidate?
- A proven background in video content creation and creativity within a digital space.
- A proven background in the automotive space, or working with automotive brands.
- Experience in post-production procedures with knowledge of standard software.
- Strong editorial sense and ability to develop content ideas.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to identify improvements.
- Proven ability to work with editing software such as Premiere Pro.
- Experience of video platforms and analytics tools.
- Experience working to tight deadlines and managing key stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to prioritise a conflicting workload efficiently and to maintain standards of accuracy and attention to detail when working to deadlines or changing priorities.
- Ability to establish effective short and long term relationships with a wide range of people, talent, partners and agencies.
Working Pattern: Hybrid Working (Home-based plus two/three days a week in the office)
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us with the job reference in the subject. We advertise all our roles on Evenbreak, the specialist job board for disabled candidates
- Flexible/agile working - opportunities across the business. We’re happy to discuss a formal flexible working pattern. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at the offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certifications.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (plus an additional day which is a Corporation Day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC:
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from under represented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background. We strive to be the best British content company in the world, attracting the best creative talents in the business, so that we can bring premium quality award-winning programmes, content and brands to the viewer no matter where they are.
The BBC Group has set out the first in a new series of bold steps to transform our programming and better represent the public we serve. We have the biggest financial investment to on-air inclusion in the industry, together with our existing commissioning budget, we are committed to throwing open our doors more widely than ever to diverse stories and diverse storytellers. Together with a diverse workforce we will accelerate the pace of change in increasing diversity and inclusion both on and off air
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please visit our website.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 5 October 2022
- Jimmy Choo PLC
Creative Lead 3D and Motion Graphics
Closing 10 October 2022
- AO World PLC
Video Editor And Content Designer
Closing 5 October 2022
- Sports Direct
Want more Video Editor – Top Gear & Factual Entertainment Brands jobs?
Want to find more Editor jobs, Avid Editor jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Video Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.