Video Editor - Still Life Studio for ASOS
Video Editor – Still Life Studio
As Video Editor you will report into Operations Team Leader – Still Life Studio. You will be working alongside the studio shoot teams editing video, to primarily surface on the ASOS product pages. You will be working to targets, editing approximately 70 plus product videos per day. You will be ensuring efficiency of workflow whilst maintaining the highest standards to provide the customer with informative and engaging product video. We are always looking to develop what we do, so a creative passion for Video is essential to ensure we are progressing our offering to stay ahead of the competition. Alongside a large team of photographers, stylists, coordinators and assistants, you will also support the work of the Studio Managers and Photography Lead, working to deliver projects that support the wider department strategy.
What you'll be doing
- Shooting approximately 70 product videos per day
- Ensuring all products are shot in accordance with the shoot guide demonstrating excellent technical understanding, attention to detail and consistent quality (As approved at QC)
- Managing video queries and resolving within expected timeframes
- Working collaboratively on shoots with a team of Photographers, Stylists, Coordinators and Assistants, demonstrating an excellent understanding of shoot guidelines and studio processes
- Managing samples on set to ensure all assets are organised and coded correctly
- Regularly reviewing the site to ensure Videos going live are of the highest standard, identifying and actioning re edits where necessary
- Training and supporting video freelance trials and new starters when required
- Supporting Team Leaders, Lead and Managers with video projects, technical issues, and equipment orders
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with team members and other departments
- Contributing to and leading site reviews, demonstrating competitor awareness and being proactive in presenting opportunities for improvement
- Constantly striving to develop the quality and efficiency of what we do, ensuring ASOS.com remains the leader in online imagery and video
We'd love to meet someone who…
- Is proficient with industry standard camera equipment and has a strong background in video editing
- Has a detailed knowledge of Premier Pro and Mac and is able to trouble shoot technical issues including camera function, editing, file management, colour grading, exporting, final quality control and uploading to file
- Confidence in meeting daily targets and handling a high volume of product
- Experience working within a fast-paced studio environment to strict deadlines
- Ability to direct and also take direction, working well alone and in a team
- A perfectionist with exceptional attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player
- The ability to work in a fast paced studio environment, adaptable and responsive to rapid change
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Proactive, with a willingness to go the extra mile
- Forward thinker with good use of initiative
What’s in it for you…
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching
- Great development programmes
- Amazing offices and great culture
- 25 days holiday plus one extra day for your birthday
- Subsidised gym and canteen
- Huge staff discount and regular sample sales
- Life Insurance, medical care, cycle to work scheme
- And tons more…
ASOS is one of the UK’s top fashion and beauty destinations, expanding globally at a rapid pace. Our values are to be authentic, brave and creative, and we live and breathe these in everything we do. ASOS Studios is a team of creative professionals; working together to ensure the entire production process is run seamlessly. It’s incredibly diverse, built up of a number departments including Shoot Operations, Model booking, Model Studio, Still Life Studio and Post Production. It’s a very busy, very exciting area to be a part of, requiring constant communication between the team, and all the other areas of the business.
We'd love to see some of your work so please provide examples or include a link to your website as part of your application.
Designer for Scholastic
Closing 16 March 2019
- Scholastic Publishing
Closing 26 February 2019
- Creative Recruitment
- temp to perm
- £350 /day
Want more Video Editor - Still Life Studio jobs?
Want to find more Video Designer jobs, Digital Editor jobs, Photo Editor jobs, Editorial Assistant jobs, Picture Editor jobs, Video Editor jobs, Video Engineer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.