Video Editor & Producer (Temp to Perm)
Contract 2 Months (Starting Nov 2nd)
Potential To Go Permanent.
Our client is an insight and creative ideas company, based in London and working worldwide. We help people to understand and change systems, society and culture.
We work with organisations from global tech giants to one woman NGOs, from international brands to social enterprises. Current clients include Instagram, Movember, Apple and Human Dignity Trust.
We specialise in understanding attitudes and behaviours, and connecting these to wider cultural trends and societal issues. We use this understanding to help organisations create new ways to change social problems and have cultural impact. We take inspiration from ethnography, the social sciences, human centred design, behaviour change and documentary methods when designing our approach to research questions.
Core aspects of the role:
Our company and our film roster is expanding, and we're now looking for an editor/producer to help shape our work over the next two months, with the potential to join on a permanent basis, and help grow our production team long-term.
You will have experienced in a commercial video production environment, as a contractor or staff member. If you have a passion for documentary, and are keen to work as part of a team committed to social purpose and telling great stories, then we'd love to hear from you.
What to expect:
- Editing documentary, promotional and research films in Premiere Pro and After Effects, including grading, mastering, encoding in different formats and uploading to the web.
- Working with the Head of Production to tell stories that create change and understanding around nuanced social issues.
- Working alongside the Head of Production in developing edit plans.
- Sourcing stock/archive footage.
- Liaising with the research team.
- Creating assets for social media.
- Assisting with website updates.
- Working with Head of Production in responding to creative briefs.
- Assisting the Head of Production, producer or freelance crew in pre production activity.
- Researching topics, contributors, filming opportunities.
- We are not filming much at the moment, but when we return to production we work with a Sony FS7, so if you have experience with this camera, then lovely.
Skills you need to carry out this role:
- Video editing using Adobe Premiere Pro.
- 2D motion graphics creation using Adobe After Effects.
- Competence in other Adobe programs, particularly Photoshop and InDesign.
- Experience in colour grading.
- Basic sound mixing.
- Tech savvy with good knowledge of encoding and codecs.
- Accurate record keeping, asset management.
- Professional knowledge of essential online and social media sites such as Instagram and YouTube.
- Professional experience of music and footage usage rights.
Personal qualities we are looking for:
- Full of creative ideas that are grounded practical thinking.
- Positive and enthusiastic with a flexible mindset.
- Able to give and take practical and creative feedback, be a keen collaborator.
- Have a keen sense of great storytelling.
- A deep thinker with a curious mind.
- Passion for social and cultural issues.
- Keen to offer suggestions on how to make our work travel further and have more impact.
- Motivated, driven and willing to get stuck in, and work independently where necessary.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
Senior Script Editor (EastEnders)
Closing 1 November 2020
Creative – 12 month FTC
Closing 21 December 2020
- Sky UK
- perm, remote
Want more Video Editor & Producer (Temp to Perm) jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Digital Producer jobs, Editor jobs, Development Producer jobs, Edit Producer jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs, Post Production Producer jobs, Producer jobs, Video Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.