Video Editor - Overnight
NBC News is launching a new International News Service that will be broadcast around the world. This is a busy environment covering stories 24/7 and therefore a flexible approach and an interest in international news are essential.
We are looking for an experienced Editor who can handle the demands of working for a rolling News Channel and is available to work from 2/3 a.m. Monday to Friday, sometimes on bank holidays, and occasionally weekends.
You need to be able to work independently according to deadline and have a thorough understanding of the overall production process. You also need to be able to maintain high production values in tight deadline situations.
- Editing as part of a team on the morning show, cutting packages, inserts etc. as well as guiding others who are sending content to air.
- Occasionally covering other shows on the channel as the need arises.
- Occasionally working on projects for any of the other NBC News outlets, for example Network news for the US, Online and Streaming content.
- Several years’ experience as an Editor in a demanding broadcast environment.
- Proven knowledge and experience with AVID Media Composer.
- Knowledge of working in an Avid Interplay environment.
- Experience in a News environment & good knowledge of current affairs.
- Familiarity with working with varying file formats, resolutions and aspect ratios.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and AfterEffects.
- Ability to work independently, mindful of the production workflow.
- Must be willing to work early hours – the shift will usually start at 3 am.
Key Interpersonal Skills:
• Team player, with strong interpersonal skills and a very hands-on approach.
• Ability to remain calm, positive and professional under deadline.
• Ability to adapt easily and learn quickly.
• Ability to be patient and diplomatic in stressful situations.
Sub-Business: NBC News International.
NBC News is a leading source of global news and information operating for over 75 years. Every week, NBC News provides more than 25 hours of television news programming with the top-rated NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt and Meet the Press programs as well as America’s longest-running morning news program, TODAY. The network’s primetime newsmagazine, Dateline provides a variety of in-depth stories week in and week out ranging from mysteries and breaking news to hidden-camera investigations and documentaries. The continuously growing online presence of NBC News, NBC News Digital Group, includes NBCNews, TODAY, MSNBC, iVillage, BreakingNews, theGrio, NBCLatino, NBCPolitics, EducationNation, NightlyNews, Newsvine, social media, apps and all of the network’s digital initiatives.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Digital Content Editor
Closing 5 April 2020
Closing 23 May 2020
Want more Video Editor - Overnight jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Assistant jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Production Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Video Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.