Video Editor - CNN
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
This is our story:
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
Join us. Shape your story here.
As Video Editor you will be expected to play a key role in CNN London’s news edit department, collaborating with all the producers on the creative and editorial direction of their stories, as well as advising on aspects of shooting and post-production techniques that will enhance their end product.
Edit daily news content including news packages and longer format news programming, using software such as Adobe Premier and Adobe After Effects. High quality and time-efficient video editing to create quality stories that meets the high standards for broadcast on CNN International, generating revenue for the company.
Take responsibility for the housekeeping of numerous projects. Making sure project media is easily accessible to team members. Enable media to be efficiently shared across multiple locations.
Collaborate with producers on a creative and editorial ‘vision’ at the pre-production stage. Determine a specific look and feel required to tell a story to its strengths, both from a shooting and editing perspective.
Managing Multiple Responsibilities:
Work on a variety of projects - from multiple edits, testing workflows, software and equipment, to pro-actively building collaborative working practices with editorial, engineering and newsgathering partners.
You must have a deep technical knowledge of all current hardware and software systems in place, as well as a thorough understanding of media management, show archiving and distribution.
· Intimate knowledge of the hardware and software elements involved. Mac OS and Adobe Premiere Pro essential. Adobe After Effects desirable.
· Able to test new editing technologies for the benefit of CNN newsgathering.
· Liaises with Engineering to understand the set-up of London’s technical set-up.
· Understands and adapts to the broadcast workflows upon which CNN News programmes are produced.
· An ability to organize and media manage the department’s multiple media projects.
Initiative & Innovation:
· Takes personal responsibility and accountability for addressing and resolving problems.
· Confident and capable of providing feedback to senior management team on editing or workflow issues.
· Assumes additional responsibility, with a department-wide impact; sets and works to achieve challenging goals that impact the wider business needs.
· Anticipates and prepares for opportunities/problems that are not obvious to others.
· Deals effectively with setbacks/mistakes and learns from each new experience.
· Is a mentor for more junior editors; inspires others to improve their editing skills.
· Provides feedback to London’s senior management on editing or workflow issues.
· Adapts well to change and is iterative and flexible with priorities, for example during breaking news.
· Open to influence and ideas other than his/her own.
· Adapts well to changes at work and helps implement department-wide changes.
· Uses appropriate flexibility when applying rules/procedures to accomplish organization’s larger objectives.
· Changes own behaviour or approach to suit the situation.
· A go-to person for problems that occur with the department’s workflow or delivery.
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is
essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of colour, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera.
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior Video Editor - YouTube
Closing 19 March 2022
- LADbible Group
Senior Motion Graphics Artist
Closing 16 March 2022
- AO World PLC
Closing 31 January 2022
- perm, remote, temp to perm
£34,262 to 38,373 per annum
Want more Video Editor - CNN jobs?
Want to find more Editor jobs, Avid Editor jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Video Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.