Video Editor & Animator - Streamly
Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group. Listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100, Informa has over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
Specialists need the support of other specialists. Our purpose is to champion the specialist, to grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Through hundreds of powerful brands and expert teams, we operate events and exhibitions, deliver intelligence-based products and data driven services, convene communities in person and digitally and provide access to cutting-edge research for specialist customers worldwide.
Informa Connect is a specialist in content-driven and digital communities that allow professionals to meet, connect, learn and share knowledge. We operate major branded events in Global Finance, Life Sciences and Pharma.
The video editor will:
Capture studio-quality photographs and video:
- Work both on and off-site
- Manage and oversee all technical aspects of video recording and editing
- Work with our creative teammates
- Regularly collaborate with marketing team
- Follow the company's brand guidelines
- Present to senior management
- Develop an overall video brand messaging strategy
Additionally this editor will have animation skills:
- liaising with clients and developing animation from their concepts
- creating storyboards that depict the script and narrative
- drawing in 2D to create sketches, artwork or illustrations
- using technical software packages, such as Flash, 3ds Max, Maya, LightWave, Softimage and Cinema 4D
- building up accurate, detailed, frame-by-frame visuals
- recording dialogue and working with editors to composite the various layers of animation (backgrounds, special effects, characters and graphics) in order to produce the finished piece
- working to production deadlines and meeting clients' commercial requirements
- working as part of a broader production team, which might include liaising with printers, copywriters, photographers, designers, account executives, website designers or marketing specialists
- dealing with diverse business cultures, delivering presentations and finding funding.
- BA/BS or similar degree
- E years of experience as video specialist of a similar role
- Some experience of using video and editing equipment
- Creative thinker
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in Final Cut Pro X, Adobe After Effects
- Knowledge and a good understanding of motion graphics is preferred.
- Degree in following perferred:
- art and design
- computer-aided engineering
- design for moving image
- electrical engineering
- film and video
- graphic design or illustration
- model making or sculpture
- spatial design
- 3D design.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed.
As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 20 November 2021
- Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies
Closing 21 November 2021
- Industrial Light & Magic
Senior Motion Graphics Artist
Closing 20 November 2021
- AO World PLC
Want more Video Editor & Animator - Streamly jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, Digital Editor jobs, Editor jobs, 2D Animator jobs, Animator jobs, Avid Editor jobs, CG Animator jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Video Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.