Video Editor - ASOS
Reporting to the Creative Digital Video Producer, the Creative Video Editor role sits within the Brand Experience team. It’s specifically part of the Creative Team, which includes concept, design and production teams.
We are looking for a talented video editor to join our Creative Video Team to work on exciting and creative content which sits on our digital platforms. The right candidate is someone who is excited about creating empowering and shareable online content and must be driven to build a community that’s inspired by aspirational and entertaining content. You will have an eye for graphics and full and comprehensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software, particularly Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop.
Video is an incredibly powerful communications channel for us to engage with our 20-somethings and along with our other social channels, is central to everything we do. Compelling content that resonates with our girls and guys is what we’re about and the Creative Video Team make this happen. As an editor you will be responsible for the creative ideation, execution and production of our hero content. You’ll work closely with the rest of the team as well as our creative, editorial, brand marketing and partnerships teams to create the very best content to help scale our video channels.
The role requires a focused, driven, hardworking individual. You must be able to remain calm and professional in pressured situations while maintaining a positive and proactive attitude. This role demands a team player who is eager to learn and develop and can grasp new information quickly. You will also be flexible and have the ability to think outside of the box and bring new ideas to the team.
You will be able to work quickly, under tight deadlines and craft brilliant and innovative content. You will live and breathe the ASOS and ensure the quality is of an exceptionally high standard, whilst understanding ASOS expectations at all times.
What you'll be doing...
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Edit in Premier Pro and upload all videos for the ASOS product pages, within deadline and to the highest standard
- Ensure product is filmed in the best way possible so that the customer is able to gather as much information from the clip to encourage them to buy the product
- Administer technical advice and guidance
- Research new ways of editing and work as part of the team to ensure you are following the best procedure
- Create 2D animation content. The ability to create 3D animation a plus
- Work collaboratively with other teams within Brand Experience
- Version video content for appropriate social channels
- Provide creative input throughout the project life cycle
- Apply colour grading where required
- Constantly strive to develop the quality and efficiency of videos, ensuring ASOS.com remains the leader in online imagery/video
We'd like to meet...
- Previous fashion or entertainment experience desirable but not essential.
- Exceptionally proficient with Premier Pro & ideally After Effects.
- Experience working in social media platforms.
- Good understanding of offline and online workflows with an overall knowledge of post-production workflows including compression and creating deliverables.
- Is culturally clued up and in particular is immersed in internet culture, understanding what 20-somethings love to watch and engage with on social platforms.
- Is excited to push the envelope of what digital video can do on social media platforms and in online environments.
- Has extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite Software.
- Has extensive knowledge of video formats and codecs.
- Is committed to finding new ways to approach the conventional forms of short-form storytelling.
- Is able to collaborate with different creative teams and departments.
- Has a desire to embrace new experiences and to continue to learn more about your craft.
- Excellent organisational skills and able to work to post-production schedules, managing multiple projects.
- Uses social media and understands how to publish on platforms.
- Understanding and practise of animation in After Effects and other programs.
Production Manager - Events / Video
Closing 24 December 2018
- £45,000 to 50,000 p/a
Video Creative - Creative Agency
Closing 25 December 2018
- Become Recruitment UK
- £30,000 to 35,000 p/a
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.