Vans Social Media Coordinator (Organic)
Vans: Be a Part of the Original.
“It was never about waving the brand like a flag, it was always about the people” – Paul Van Doren
Vans is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans, our culture sets us apart and influences everything we do. We are driven by five values:
1. We are determined.
2. We are connected to our consumers and to each other.
3. We are inclusive.
4. We are expressive and fun.
5. And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, one of the world’s largest apparel and footwear companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. As we continue to expand, VF and Vans take great measures in developing and growing our people.
Vans is founded on a culture of learning. We take pride in our ability to facilitate learning opportunities by providing the resources and tools necessary to support each individual’s pursuit of growth to achieve future goals driven by our brand purpose.
Our purpose to enable creative expression and inspire youth culture is fostered through inclusivity. We welcome anyone and everyone into our global family and proudly celebrate an environment where individuality is embraced, equal opportunities thrive, and everyone is empowered to reach their greatest potential.
By joining the Vans family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work very hard across a multitude of large initiatives to bring the Van Doren spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Organic Social Media Coordinator: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family.
As the Organic Social Media Coordinator, you will work directly with the North America Brand Communications team in the planning and execution of social media content. You will help organize and build content plans around key stories and brand moments. Additionally, you will be responsible for maintaining brand authenticity across Vans North America social channels.
How You Will Make a Difference:
1. Executing Vans social media content across Vans North America channels.
2. Working in partnership with the Global and North America Brand Communications teams to promote global key stories and content.
3. Your diverse experiences and background enable you to provide a unique perspective to fuel our global growth. Additionally, you are inclusive and value differing points of view.
4. Assisting North America media managers with planning and executing social media content around Vans events.
5. Working closely with the lifestyle and action sports media managers to curate regional social media content for North America social channels.
6. Overseeing North America social media contributors that will assist in specialized areas.
7. Managing contracts and invoicing for social media event photographers, and organization of all photos post-event for archival purposes.
8. Capturing and producing social media content, as well as assisting with North America social media reporting.
9. Maintaining and distributing project documents as needed: content calendars, event plans, copy approval documents, etc.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 3-5 years.
· Bachelor's Degree (BA) or equivalent from four-year college or university preferred, or 3+ years related experience and/or training preferably in youth marketing, fashion, and/or action sports marketing in the social media space.
· Highly organized, exceptional time management skills. Proficient in delivering planning decks, social media calendars, and briefs.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, including copywriting, grammar, and spelling.
· Able to work with a cross-departmental variety of stakeholders to achieve a common goal.
· Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Simply Measured, Sysomos, and Percolate preferred.
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
· Willing and able to work additional hours when needed.
· Travel by air and overnight, as required up to 30% of the time.
· Lifting and/or bending up to 25 lbs.
Social Media Coordinator
Closing 1 October 2019
- Discovery Communications
- New York
Principal Designer, Marketing Creative Campaigns
Closing 28 September 2019
Want more Vans Social Media Coordinator (Organic) jobs?
Want to find more Affiliate Executive jobs, Affiliate Manager jobs, Digital Campaign Executive jobs, Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Social Media Executive jobs, Social Media Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.