Vans - Art Director
Vans: Be a Part of the Original.
“It was never about waving the brand like a flag, it was always about the people” – Paul Van Doren.
Vans is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans, our culture sets us apart and influences everything we do. We are driven by five values:
- We are determined.
- We are connected to our consumers and to each other.
- We are inclusive.
- We are expressive and fun.
- And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, one of the world’s largest apparel and footwear companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. As we continue to expand, VF and Vans take great measures in developing and growing our people.
Vans is founded on a culture of learning. We take pride in our ability to facilitate learning opportunities by providing the resources and tools necessary to support each individual’s pursuit of growth to achieve future goals driven by our brand purpose.
Our purpose to enable creative expression and inspire youth culture is fostered through inclusivity. We welcome anyone and everyone into our global family and proudly celebrate an environment where individuality is embraced, equal opportunities thrive, and everyone is empowered to reach their greatest potential.
By joining the Vans family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work very hard across a multitude of large initiatives to bring the Van Doren spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Art Director: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family.
Vans is more than just any ordinary action sports footwear company. Our company values the voice of the youth, which is why it is powered by creative self-expression through outlets such as action sports, music, and street culture, to name a few. In this role, you will develop and apply the marketing strategy. It is your responsibility to help formulate concepts, execute and design against them for ad campaigns in print, film, outdoor and social. To deliver high quality performance, intimate working knowledge of the brand and market(s) is expected. You will bring expertise in graphic design skill sets such as creating visual concepts and storytelling, using computer software or by hand, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and engage with our consumers. You will be instrumental in developing aesthetics for categories and branding for events globally. On a regular basis, you will work with your counterparts in Environmental Design and Product, translating the approved concepts to retail and packaging.
How You Will Make a Difference:
- You will create a seasonal product story and develop an ongoing, multi-season campaign.
- Have the opportunity to work with Integrated team to develop creative concepts and executions of assigned product(s).
- You will Assist with photo shoots, both location and table top, including prep, styling, and editing.
- In this role you will build relationships with marketing counterparts, review and develop creative briefs to assure alignment.
- Presents design concepts to senior leadership in Creative and Marketing determining the scope of projects and delivering the desired storytelling.
- Oversees studio to iterate approved concepts.
- Your diverse experiences and background enable you to provide a unique perspective to fuel our global growth. Additionally, you are inclusive and value differing points of view.
- You will keep up-to-date with current advertising and industry trends and technology.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 4+ years.
Educational/ Position Requirements:
- A minimum of an associate degree in advertising, communication design, or visual arts. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- If no degree is possessed, then 4+ years of related experience in agency setting or design department is required.
- You will bring exceptional working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to combine art and technology to communicate ideas through images and the layout of websites and printed pages.
- Deep knowledge of graphic design and typography.
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
- Travel by air and overnight, as required 10-15% amount of time.
Closing 12 October 2019
- Pac-12 Networks
- San Francisco
Professional anime style animator needed to animate DBZ style intro animation.
Closing 9 October 2019
start October 1st
- temp, part time, from remote
- project: $1,000 to 4,000
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.