VFX Supervisor - Advertising
Framestore is looking for a VFX Supervisor to work on incredible Advertising projects. Based out of our London office, the VFX Supervisor will work closely with our Head of Advertising, Head of CG and in-house Directors to work with clients from the pitch cycle through to final delivery.
The right candidate will have well-established industry connections in Advertising, and recent experience of managing clients as well as experience on shoots. You will also have strong knowledge of Houdini.
The VFX Supervisor will play a significant role both internally and externally in establishing our Advertising work in London whilst also inspiring our artist and production teams.
- Superior creative problem-solving skills both artistically and technically, pushing the quality of Framestore's creative work on every project and maintaining the standard of work we produce. This will mean on the box for certain projects.
- Providing creative advice and involvement in challenging projects that require additional management support.
- Taking some responsibility for the profitability of projects and contributing in any way possible to help with any creative and technical decisions that may affect this.
- Infectious passion for keeping up-to-date with state of the art VFX.
- Input in strategy for our Advertising work with the rest of the Senior leadership team in London.
- Central to client meetings to drive through high calibre work into Framestore.
- VFX Supervision of specific projects, working with directors and writers to realise where possible creative solutions within budget. This will involve a certain amount of thinking outside the box.
- Sharing the responsibility for the project partnering with a producer, including client communication and managing the internal creative + artist team.
- On key larger projects, there may be a requirement for on-set shoot supervision, ensuring everything is shot appropriately for the project's needs.
- Working closely with the clients to ensure that their vision is met, constantly improving on the client's ideas.
Staff Management Responsibilities:
- Mentoring artists in the team, providing advice and feedback for them both creatively as well as leadership support and guidance.
- Providing feedback for artist and production reviews, and support for their lead when conducting staff reviews.
- Experience in traditional visual effects with a focus on Advertising and short form productions, including recent supervision experience.
- Credited experience in working on Advertising projects, and a passion for the medium.
- Industry contacts and relationships with superior client management skills.
- Solid knowledge of VFX/CG shot production and its iteration process.
- Passion and a broad knowledge of the VFX and Immersive industry with an eye for future developments and challenges.
- Demonstrated excellent leadership skills across all levels, strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to remain calm and confident in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work within and inspire a team and also under own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, both on a technical and creative basis.
- Strong time management and organisation skills.
- Experience with staff management including providing consistent and constructive feedback.
Other jobs you may be interested in
VFX Producer, Landmark Series - BBC Studios, The Science Unit
Closing 30 November 2022
- London and Remote
- perm, remote, temp to perm
Animation Supervisor - Advertising, Episodic & Immersive
Closing 7 January 2023
Closing 15 January 2023
- Electronic Arts
Want more VFX Supervisor - Advertising jobs?
Want to find more VFX Artist jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Special Effects Supervisor jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.