VFX Production Coordinators
The VFX Coordinator is central to visual effects project management. They liaise with all aspects of production and post-production: Director, Editor, Producers and Supervisors as well as artists. Working closely with and on behalf of the internal VFX Producer in London or Montreal they help strategise and implement tasks and targets crucial to the delivery of the project on time and on budget.
- Work with Line Producer, Leads and Supervisors to track and manage the workflow through the departments meeting internal and external deadlines.
- Organise dailies, rounds and meetings, taking notes and following up on information as necessary.
- Ensure production database is kept updated daily with notes and critical information before departing for the day.
- Communicating information quickly and succinctly to crew and other departments in person as well as via e-mail.
- Communicating client sessions and dailies/meeting changes.
- Keep communication flowing from Supervisor to Leads and crew to all other departments.
- Anticipate and communicate issues to Line Producer and Supervisor to resolve problems quickly.
- Take detailed, comprehensive notes and review with Lead after dailies/rounds.
- Maintain an accurate summary of progress from the previous day's work by artists.
- Oversee the execution of client deliveries of all temps and finals.
- Manage edits along with the editorial department.
- Manage resources and communicate coherently with other support departments.
- Help to maintain a positive, upbeat and professional production office, being pro-active and solution-orientated.
- Other ad hoc duties as may reasonably be expected.
- Highly organised.
- First-class time/project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to prioritise conflicting tasks.
- Able to remain calm and confident in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work within a team towards a common goal.
- Basic understanding of live-action and CG based visual effects workflows.
- Basic understanding of common file formats and resolutions.
- Previous experience at Junior Production Coordinator or Production Assistant level.
- Existing knowledge of Framestore production databases (e.g. Shotgun).
- Good knowledge of MS Office packages (including Word, Excel and Project).
- Basic Linux skills.
- Basic Avid/editorial knowledge.
- Lateral thinking skills.
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.
Closing 21 March 2021
Senior VFX Artist
Closing 15 March 2021
- Newcastle upon Tyne
Want more VFX Production Coordinators jobs?
Want to find more Post Production Coordinator jobs, Post Production Assistant jobs, Post Production Producer jobs, Production Assistant jobs, Production Coordinator jobs, Visual Effects jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.