Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we’re just getting started changing the way millions of people around the world enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals Series such as the multi-award-winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Boys; UK-produced hit Amazon Original series like Good Omens, The Grand Tour, All or Nothing: Manchester City and forthcoming drama series The Power; exclusive TV shows like Star Trek: Picard, American Gods and Vikings; and movies like Late Night and Get Duked, plus live sport including ATP and WTA Tour and US Open Tennis and Premier League football.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon’s Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
Amazon Studios is looking for a seasoned, dynamic Visual Effects Executive to support global production efforts on Originals series and movies.
The Visual Effects Executive will be responsible for developing budgets, schedules, and overall visual effects plans for a slate of projects. The position will work closely with internal partners, including Post-Production, Business Affairs, and Creative Development teams. The candidate will also construct organized system architecture, and develop coordinated workflows, that curate both projects and the department.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Manage all EU and regional based OM’s and series assigned, managing all facets independently while working in collaboration with the Global Head of VFX assisting in building a robust departmental structure that oversees the visual effects needs on a demanding slate of EU based multi-genre programming.
· Main contact for all EU shows reporting to Global Head of VFX.
· Collaborate with production, creative, and finance in greenlighting and prepping projects.
· Create VFX breakdowns from scripts, storyboards, and pre-vis; working alongside the line producer and director to develop a production plan.
· Being knowledgeable about emerging technology and how to apply it to projects in order to achieve creative goals; and perform statistical analysis to understand financial implications and cost efficiencies.
· Advises on vendor strengths and selection and hiring of freelance production staff, VFX Supervisor and VFX Producers for all shows.
· Utilize and build on department database to track vendor costs, show schedules and deliveries, project financial snapshots and talent availability pools.
· Collaborate with Amazon production technology and AWS to create and provide cloud hosting for multiple department utilization and show databases.
· Oversee the development of custom pipelines when necessary for projects with specific creative and/or technological needs (including new technology) in collaboration with Amazon’s engineering teams and existing, turn-key solutions.
· Utilize and build on asset management system for the VFX department that is instituted studio wide, that can also organize and distribute assets to other shows, departments, and potentially virtual production projects as needed.
· Utilize career long relationships to help recruit VFX teams such as VFX supervisors, producers, production supervisor, coordinators, and editors; negotiate deals and contracts with agents and individuals.
· Work with VFX production teams to bid out shows, vet vendor-side teams, and award work. Collaborate independently with the legal team on vendor contracts, including delivery milestones, rebate minimums, asset ownership, and credit allocations.
· Manage weekly cost report tracking with several VFX producers to track the overall VFX budget on multiple shows, both Original Movies and Amazon series.
· Collaborate with our VFX producers and the Amazon Global Head and studio and VFX team to refine an internal weekly reporting system.
· Coordinate with internal teams to provide information and creative content that supports marketing, product placement, promotions, and publicity.
· Independently manage weekly delivery reporting with several VFX producers to keep multiple shows on schedule or call out potential schedule issues and propose possible solutions to the Global Head of VFX.
· Review VFX finals to ensure quality of delivered work and attend reviews as necessary when possible.
· Identify potential production VFX problems and work with freelance VFX teams and Global Head to resolve while preserving and achieving creative goals.
· Manages introduction of new technologies to the creative teams and Exec’s and demonstrates benefits of adopting new emerging technology/initiative within the VFX department as needed. (e.g., virtual production).
· Collaborate with the creative executives, music, physical production, and post departments to develop a workflow process that allows all departments to share information.
· If needed and on occasion, act as VFX Producer for projects in development, and for smaller projects during production and post.
· Establish and maintain VFX talent relations across the globe, both with VFX individuals as well as VFX vendors.
· Significant experience as a Visual Effects Executive or the equivalent on vendor side.
· Experience in VFX films and or/series, preferably in heavy visual effects arenas.
· Experience building VFX reports and delivering insights on budget, scheduling and cost.
· Experience aligning VFX teams, executives, and productions toward simple, coherent VFX approaches/strategies.
· Currently manage a slate of shows.
· Experience with global SVOD delivery workflows.
· Experience with a variety of digital media workflows and post production.
· Experience with local guilds and unions.
· Experience with a thorough reach of global VFX vendor partners.
· Experience working and clear understanding of both domestic and global VFX tax incentives.
· Strategic problem solving.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates. All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.
Want more VFX Executive jobs?
Want to find more VFX Artist jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.