The visual effects editor is a key member of the project team providing support to the supervision, production and artist teams as well as working with other support departments. They help ensure that reviews run smoothly and that artists have the correct reference and cut details.
- Processing turnover and keeping edits and databases up to date.
- Importing and checking new versions of VFX shots into Avid.
- Providing a reference to artists, eg. witness cameras, line up, retime, resize reference to artists.
- Managing Avid media and storage.
- Maintaining editorial info in databases.
- Having an expert understanding of all editorial tools.
- Making and requesting selects for additional media requests e.g. element shoots.
- Liaising with Framestore Editorial at other offices.
- Liaising with cutting rooms when appropriate.
- Preparing for and driving dailies sessions and client meetings and deliveries.
- Helping to train and develop assistant VFX editors when needed.
- Working closely with internal production, artists and other support departments providing advice, reference, information and files when needed.
- Cutting showreels and project reels.
- Ensuring the review suites are kept at a high standard.
- Respecting confidentiality and media security policies.
- Several years of experience working in a film VFX Editorial department, cutting room or similar environment.
- Professional experience and demonstrable proficiency in editing.
- A firm understanding of the VFX process and terminology.
- Working knowledge of film and digital formats, files, frame rates, resolutions, colourspace and codecs.
- Professional experience using spreadsheets and databases and editing and presentation software.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and self-motivated and keen to learn new skills and applications and help to develop new tools and workflow.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A strong multi-tasker.
- Diligent and meticulous.
- A team player.
- Remain calm and focused under pressure.
- Possess a love of film and VFX.
- Working knowledge of Framestore editorial and production databases and software, eg. Shotgun, Avid, RV, Baselight, Cinesync, Photoshop, Linux, VLC, Keynote.
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.
Closing 17 March 2020
- TUI Group
Closing 14 March 2020
Want more VFX Editor jobs?
Want to find more Assistant Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Assistant jobs, Production Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.