VFX Editor - Film & Episodic
The visual effects Editor is responsible for handling all editorial tasks required on shows in addition to internal requests.
- Processing turnover information and revised edits and updating internal edits and databases accordingly
- Maintaining all cuts, keeping them updated with the latest versions from artists
- Providing witness cam, line up, retime, resize, audio and other reference to artists
- Managing Avid media and storage
- Maintaining shot and VFX databases
- Having an expert understanding of all editorial tools
- Managing client deliveries
- Making and requesting selects for additional media requests e.g. element shoots
- Liaising with Framestore Editorial at other offices
- Liaising with cutting rooms (when applicable)
- Preparing for and driving dailies sessions and client reviews
- Providing support. motivation and training for assistants (where relevant or necessary)
- Working closely with internal production, artists and other support departments providing advice, reference and information when needed
- Cutting in house reels
- Respecting confidentiality and media security policies
- Several years experience working in a film VFX Editorial department, cutting room or similar environment
- Demonstrable proficiency in editing using Avid
- A firm understanding of the VFX process and terminology
- An understanding of film and digital formats, files, frame rates and resolutions
- File encoding/transcoding experience, exhibiting a solid understanding of video codecs and file formats
- Professional experience in Avid and high resolution playback software
- Self motivated
- Keen to learn new skills and applications
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong multi-tasker
- Good eye for detail
- Diligent and meticulous
- A team player
- Strong problem solving skills
- Calm under pressure
- Possess a love of film and VFX
- RV, Baselight or Framecycler, Linux (basic), Cinesync, Shotgun, Photoshop (basic), Keynote, Compressor and Filemaker Pro
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.
Want more VFX Editor - Film & Episodic jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Avid Editor jobs, VFX Artist jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Video Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.