VFX Artist – Star Wars
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. For the past four years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are looking for VFX Artist to join us at BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, in creating Star Wars™: Hunters, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, team-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
You will deliver assets within the confines of real-time engine constraints and programming and gameplay requirements. You will possess the ability to work both independently and in cooperation with the Art Director, Animators and Designers to develop visually stunning in-game FX elements for game environments and characters as well as contribute to the development and enhancement of particle effect systems, tools, and pipelines.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work with the Art Director to create memorable FX for all areas of the game
- Produce high quality VFX
- Technical implementation of FX
- Have effective pipelines and filing for asset management
- Work with Producers to create your schedule
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience in VFX within the games industry
- Demonstrate experience with console and/ or IOS / Android platform development
- Experience in Unity or Unreal
- Experience with fluid simulation experience with Maya, Houdini or equivalent
- Fluent knowledge of at least one major 3D package (Max, Maya)
- Excellent technical and artistic problem-solving skills
- Efficient organisation and communication skills and ability to prioritize and execute ideas within a schedule.
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to take direction and constructive criticism
- Excellent communication skills
- Passionate about making games
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior Animator - Film & Episodic
Closing 13 July 2022
Motion Graphics Designer
Closing 16 July 2022
- London / Remote
- perm, from remote
Closing 16 July 2022
- Frontier Developments plc
Want more VFX Artist – Star Wars jobs?
Want to find more VFX Artist jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Special Effects Supervisor jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.